25.06 Ackley Improved, powder choices, and load info!

Funny I should stumble on this post. I just sent a rifle out 7 weeks ago to be built in 25-06 AI 40*. 1:7 twist! 131 Ace BJ's and Hammers 130 (I think)

So I can not leave good enough alone. In searching of a NICE figured #1 a friend decided to sell me this one. One of the nicest #1 I ever saw. Also has a sub 3 lbs Moyers trigger.
Anyway I jumped on it. It started life as a 270 Win and he re-chambered it to 270 Bee.
So I decided to rebarrel it.

Here it is:

2WkrwUZl.jpg

tm3XZOrl.jpg

FmhZEQPl.jpg

M2EiTqQl.jpg

Up close pix

imb4RfAl.jpg

QU7wTckl.jpg

DplWZFIl.jpg

kwZB9ZIl.jpg
Prettiest wood I've ever seen. I'm a wood freak at heart, but couldn't take it to the woods. A friend has a Rinehart Fajen stock, he had them cut from a block of African Babinga! I believe yours is Circassion walnut.

This was almost my exact experience too in my old .25-06AI.
115 HVLD @ 3451
100 TTSX @ 3608
I like the speed on the 100ttsx. No whitetail will carry that home with him! I've got some 80's pushing 3700. The 100 ttsx really has my attention. Although, somebody here has me thinking Hammers are the way to go!⚒⚒🦌

Prettiest wood I've ever seen. I'm a wood freak at heart, but couldn't take it to the woods. A friend has a Rinehart Fajen stock, he had them cut from a block of African Babinga! I believe yours is Circassion walnut.
Ever see osage orange (bodark something) the wood is orange at very tight grained and very beautiful I have the wood but never made a stock with it 🤠

Ever see osage orange (bodark something) the wood is orange at very tight grained and very beautiful I have the wood but never made a stock with it 🤠
The African babinga is so hard, that when Rinehart machines his stock, they told him that the cutters were having a hard time, inserting. They said they actually saw sparks at times, and thet needed sharpening afterwards. Most gorgeous piece of wood I've ever seen.

no exp with the 'AI', but RE/RL-22 and Retumbo do great in this cartridge, with Speer 120 SPT / Sierra 117 SPBT.. Bergers well too. . WRL primers.
H1000 and RE-25 havent got to yet, others worked too good.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.