22 creed 73gr Absolute hammers!

Shot placement is the name of the game. There people that don't do a good job in that area. So it doesn't make much differences if you are a very good shot and what you shoot. I am thinking the 6mm/280AI being built for me was wildcat is pushing it. That 22/284 has got be pushing the bullet. I do 3900 fps with my 220 swift with a 55gr bullet. The bullet come unscrew when hitting a ground squirrel @ 400yds. Or should I say the ground squirrel come unscrewed.

Hunted everything that was legal to hunt in Mo. for many yrs. Favorite load for deer was 22-250 with 63 gr. SMP sierra with 33 gr. Varget at about 3300 fps. Energy unloaded with this combo was unbelievable at times. many shot through shoulders with no problem on penetration. Only one time shot a doe behind shoulder and she ran about 60 yds. shot at about 20 yds. and bullet penciled through both sides and did not hit a rib.

Welcome, Brother, to the fast-twist .22 club.
I love the fast twist .22's. I have been shooting 8 twist 22-250 and 220 Swift's for several years with excellent results on deer and antelope. My only regret is I did not go with faster twists in the barrels.

Mainly posting so I can follow this thread. I hunted with a 224 TTH (22/6mm) 20 years ago using 75gr Swift Scirroco's. Killed 120+ deer with 55gr corelokt factory 22/250 in my youth (we had MLD tags). Really enjoying the 22 Creed now. Just waiting on another barrel as this one is too long and heavy to carry.
How did you like the Scirroco's performance?

Its legal in my state of Oklahoma. Iv got 6.5s , 25s 7s. But hotrod 22s what i hunt with mainly, killed a deer 750 yds with my 22/284 last fall!
Could you elaborate please on your 22/284 set up and also what you are loading ? Powder bullet etc.

Man, some of you sound like there was never a animal killed before Hammer bullets were made.
That's not the case at all, I have and seen tons of stuff killed with convenvention bullets that did everything from an outstanding job to total disappointment, now that I'm shooting Hammers I have no need for anything else to date, What's not to like 5-10 round load development, tons of extra speed, almost 0 copper fouling and last but not least the bullet does the same thing no matter where or what it hits, This is all field proven and not just my opinion

That's not the case at all, I have and seen tons of stuff killed with convenvention bullets that did everything from an outstanding job to total disappointment, now that I'm shooting Hammers I have no need for anything else to date, What's not to like 5-10 round load development, tons of extra speed, almost 0 copper fouling and last but not least the bullet does the same thing no matter where or what it hits, This is all field proven and not just my opinion
+1 but the one characteristic I like the "best" is how forgiving they are on jump. They just don't seem to care how far off or how close.

What is the impact velocity for reliable expansion on the 22s? Is it the same for all other Hammers?

Recent Posts