210 Bergers Get it Done!

bear paw.jpg

moose 6.jpgJust got back from a Grizzly/Moose hunt in Sept from British Columbia. I killed a great moose and a huge Grizzly. The grizzly took 2 shots with a 300 win mag shooting the 210 Bergers. The moose took 5 210's, he was a huge bull. Sat there and took 5 good shots before he came down.

The grizzly bear and moose will make the books!

I have been using the Berger bullets in 168,185 and 210's and I have taken all types of big game. They work 99% of time exactly how they are suppose to and have helped me create some great memories.

Here are some pics!!!

I shot the grizzly at 40 yards, on the side of a mountain, blowing snow storm. Shot him facing me, between his kneck and shoulder. The round traveled the length of his body and embedded under his skin by his back hip. Second shot was broad side through the shoulder and embedded just under the skin on the far side shoulder. Didn't have time to recover the bullets but you could see were they where due to the damage. We needed to get off the mountain with the weather and it was late in the day.

The moose was shot at 75 yards. First shot was facing me a bit but quartered. Hit in the shoulder and ran the length of him. All pass through shot on the moose. The wound channels where huge. Exit wounds were base ball sized.

The name of the rifle is Proof in Research..Carbon Fiber barrel and stock. Amazing gun. Check out their website. It is there tactical stock, gun weighs 10 lbs including gun,night force ATAC, 6 rounds of ammo and bipod. Completely custom gun.

300 win mag
1:10 Twist
Set up to shoot the 210 VLD's

Bushman- It was pretty intense, we climbed up 2000ft in 1 1/2 hours. We saw him at 315pm and started up the mountain after him at 330pm. We started to side hill and only went about 20 yards in about 75 yard visiablility because of the snow. Stopped to look around and didn't see him. We thought he would be in front of us about 300 yards out. So we started forward and went about 5 feet and saw him slightly below us and 40 yards out. Super intense moment, he looked like a small car walking towards us. We saw him first, from the time I saw him to the first shot was about 20 seconds.

Wow, great hunt. I hope to be able to afford one these some day. Nice work and nice rifle. Love that proof research barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.