Done with 215 Bergers

Seems like I like to use bullets that are failures. Wait, I'm sure I've heard this about every single bullet on the market. Use what you have faith in. For me that is a Berger and Nosler AB. Both are destructive on close shots if you don't make a good shot. Know the bullets capabilities and limitations, they all have them. I prefer a bullet that drops every possible ounce of energy into an animal. I've had pass throughs with Berger's and I've had AB come unglued on close shots. Call them what you will, I will continue to fill the freezer and every couple of years, take a big ol' bull with them. Love em', hate em' and drag their name through the dirt, but they will continue to feed my family. Good luck on your quest to find the perfect bullet.

I get why people who have killed a pile of animals with Berger's are passionate... I don't get why people who have never used use them are. Do your own research... evaluate your experiences and those of trusted sources and use what you have confidence in given your needs. I haven't used Berger's to hunt in a dozen years. Killed 9 animals back then but lost one which was found days later... not far from where I hit him. Was hunting thick country and the 308 168grn hunting vld didn't exit... I didn't appreciate at the time that I shouldn't expect an exit and a blood trail on that bullet and gave up too easily when I found no sign of a blood trail. They did exactly what they were suppose to do. I just didn't fully understand limitations and prober application at that time.... But setting in on a 215 load for my 30 Nosler.

If you hunt long enough you are bound to success and failures with any bullet. I've killed dozens of game with Berger. No problems yet...

Shoot what works for you.

215 and 230 in my 300PRC from 127 to 687yds, so far on 'lopes, muleys, and hogs.

All DRT or within 10yds.

Albeit all shots at near broadside or slight quartering away.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.