Done with 215 Bergers

How the jacket is upset is a factor for a cup and core bullet like the Berger or ELDX or M but in the case of finding stuff in dirt you have to remember an open tip bullet does not open because of contact like hitting the ground, it opens due to hydraulic pressure popping the tip open SO it's harder to translate the effects between hitting game and hitting dirt.

@bigngreen do you think ballistic gel gives different results for Berger bullets. I recently purchased some 135 classic hunter bullets for my daughter's 6.5 CM and went to check on reviews after the fact. A guy (Johnny's reloading bench) actually is shooting a 6.5 cm with the 135 classic hunter at 200 yds into ballistic gel on YouTube...as well as the 6.5 Grendel. The results not great. Grendel is awful. For the Creed, one is textbook mushroom but the other two are irregular. One completely breaks up into 30 pieces and the other, the jacket kinda rips in half with the hollow point still intact. Pretty inconsistent behavior for 3 shots. I'm leary to use these on anything but a target now and get some trigger time at the range. Which I'm ok with. Anyone have any game experience with the 6.5, 135 classic hunters?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.