208 gr 30 cal amax?????????????

30-06 boy

i've seen some on this site talking about 30 cal.208 gr amaxes.i've looked at hornady website,they din't even have this slug on thier site.looked on midway's site,no luck.where can i get some of these?what is the bc o these?what is the b.c. also?
jason

They have them ready to ship. We'll have some in a week or so. I've shot some the a bc of .650 worked out of my RUM @ 3200 fps and that is what they have it listed as. I think they would make a helluva deer bullet.

They are a test bullet that was first handed out to a few selected 1000 BR shooters at the Nationals last Oct by Hornady. they had very few and were limiting them to only 4-5 shooters and a couple hundred. since then at least 1-2 guys have got 1000-1500 to shoot this year.

Not sure when it coming out commercially but BC is supposed to be about .7 from what I have heard.

they also have given out some new 338 bullets (10 shots in 9 inches at 1k with AR-30 in 338 Lapua at the Nationals) and I think a couple guys here also have some to test.

Best guess would be to call Hornady and ask them.

BH

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure when it coming out commercially but BC is supposed to be about .7 from what I have heard.
BH

[/ QUOTE ]

I called Hornady a few weeks ago, and they said they expect them to be in the retail pipeline in June or July.

they went .644 out of my 300WM.
Very quick opening... more so than the SMK, at least on water bottles, and such.

Looks like they are available now. (208 gr hornady). Midway has them on hand as does Jerry's Sport Centers. I'm sure the pipeline is flowing.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts