195 berger

coyotelite

Any new news on a 195gr vld coming out soon. Planning a build and if they are going to actually produce these I will go with the 7-300 mag. If not it'll be a 300 rum.

Well, every indication is that work has started back up on getting out the bullets that were in the design or testing phase and if I were a betting man the 195 7mm will be a top priority just to get us of their backs :D I hope they make a run of the 170 gr 277 bullets first so we can get the fire lit on them!!!

If you go with the rum... Will you be shooting the 230s?

Most definatly. On the other hand I have a 300 weatherby which is close to tge RUM ballisticly so I don't really "need" another .30 cal. Really want to build a 7-300. That 195 would be an absolute hammer!!!!!

I too am looking forward to this bullet. I have the barrel in hand to build on, not sure if I will build a 7-338 Norma or a no-wildcat. Should be a great bullet.

Most definatly. On the other hand I have a 300 weatherby which is close to tge RUM ballisticly so I don't really "need" another .30 cal. Really want to build a 7-300. That 195 would be an absolute hammer!!!!!
You need a 300 rum if you think the roy will keep up with the rum... I'm seeing a 200+ fps gain between my rum and my buddies 300roy with 220-225 grain pills. The roy doesn't have enough case capacity for some of the newer powders like rl50.

I think the 195 berger may finally give the 7stw and 7rum a significant advantage over the smaller 7mm mags like the 7rem/roy and 7x300. That big pill is going to have enough bearing surface that'll take a slow powder and plenty of it to push fast.

If the 195 gr production bullet matches the preliminary drawing, it will have a shorter bearing surface than the 180 gr VLD. It will be almost the same as the 168 gr classic hunter.

This is a sentence from an email I received about two weeks ago.

My best estimate is that it will be at least 6 months before we see any finalized results.

Well you ALWAYS need another rifle..:D

Since you have a 300Wby, why not a 7mm-300Wby?

That is good news !!

One of the reasons I delayed reamer production for my 7mm-338 Norma Imp was the unknown arrival date of the 195 gr Bergers, with the announcement by W3PS and their 195 & 208 gr RBT TAC bullets I altered some dimensions to my design to capacitate these new bullets (enroute) and to maintain case h20 capacity at 107.7 gr, seems it was a good decision to have Kiff at PT&G to proceed with reamer since I have just received my X-Caliber barrel, I ordered it to match the Bartlein #10 Light Palma contour & fluted, 30" 8 Twist for the long arse bullets, the awesome part is the boys at X-Caliber jumped all over my requests and produced me the barrel in two weeks !

now it's up to the smith to finalize my new wildcat !
also....
I changed the name to 7mm Long Range Hunter (7mm LRH) as a tribute and thanks to Len and everyone at the LRH forum

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.