1885 high wall 7mm rem mag

16penny

I just received a browning 1885 high wall 7mm rem mag.

I have about 400rd factory ammo 150's 175's. I also have all the tools for reloading

Lee classic loader , trim, primer pocket cleaner and camphor kit, lee perfect powder beam scale and the complete lee dipper kit.

I'm thinking about loading hornady 154gr sst for deer and elk. also coyote in the summer

what powders would be best for speed and accuracy in a 1-10 twist 28'' long barrel for the 7mm rem mag or perhaps another bullet as well
Thanks..

I have about 400rd factory ammo 150's 175's. I also have all the tools for reloading

Lee classic loader , trim, primer pocket cleaner and camphor kit, lee perfect powder beam scale and the complete lee dipper kit.

I'm thinking about loading hornady 154gr sst for deer and elk. also coyote in the summer

what powders would be best for speed and accuracy in a 1-10 twist 28'' long barrel for the 7mm rem mag or perhaps another bullet as well
Thanks..

Based on what's available locally, I'd choose Norma MRP or RL22 for that combo in that rifle.

Thanks..

Berger 168 VLD's behind MRP, IMR 7828 SSC, Reloder 25, 7977, or H1000 should make for a great load. Federal 215M/215 or CCI 250's would be my recommended primer (in that order).

Nosler brass has been exceptional for my magnum calibers.

Berger 168 VLD's behind MRP, IMR 7828 SSC, Reloder 25, 7977, or H1000 should make for a great load. Federal 215M/215 or CCI 250's would be my recommended primer (in that order).

Nosler brass has been exceptional for my magnum calibers.

your 154 hdy pills would also like those powders.... I'd start with one of those or rl22 and either fed mag (215) or wlrm primers.... I don't use much cci... to sooty for me...

Win or Browning? All of the brownings i have loaded for have lots and lots of free bore. Bergers seated .030 off the lands in the 3006 2506 22250 and 6mm brownings have all yielded good results.

Its a browning made in 85 with Nikon 3.5x10x50 monarch
deer and elk will be hunted at 8000ft elevation average during cooler weather and coyote at about 5000ft during the warmer months as I use a .223 during winter when the pelts are good
I just want to make sure it will stabilize the bullet in the higher altitudes being 1-10 twist

Beautiful rifles but they didnt have heavy bullets in mind with their twists. My 06 shoots great but cant get away with anything over 175 accurately since its a 12 twist.

Win or Browning? All of the brownings i have loaded for have lots and lots of free bore. Bergers seated .030 off the lands in the 3006 2506 22250 and 6mm brownings have all yielded good results.

Neither of my Browning A-Bolt II 7mmRM's had long freebore. They had about normal as what you would find with any other chamber cut with a standard reamer...

Sorry, was talking about High Walls.

Gotcha... Never owned one of those. But I would like to have one someday.

Always wanted an 1885-HW or a B78 with an aftermarket 26-28" full-octagon bull barrel chambered in .25-06 AI or .280 AI would be a sweet deer rifle. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.