18 or 20 inch 22-250AI

tjonh2001

my suppressors got approved on December 28 so i should have my shark anytime now. i am wondering if anyone has tried a short barreled 22-250AI. i have a SSG built 22-250AI and right now it has a 26 inch broughton barrel that i think would make a great calling rifle with my can on it. i shoot 75 amaxes out of it right now at 3560fps. i dont want this thing to feel long so cutting would be the only thing unless this is a really bad thing. please let me know.

i think if i go to a 18 or 20 inch barrel i should still be around 3100fps (guess) this should still allow me to shoot long range if the chance comes up.

any info if someone has any would be great.

thanks
toby

Personally I would stay in the 20 to 22 inch range. You shorten it up to much and you are going to have to change powder for better burn resulting in lost velocity plus velocity loss due to the shorter barrel. Just a thought.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.