20 Inch 280 AI

How is your accuracy out if the x-caliber CF? I get tempted but never order one, I have 4 of their steel and they have been pretty good
Here are the groups with the 172AH and 162 ELDx. I'm happy with it. I have exactly 100rds through it so far, got it on their 2021 black friday sale. This is at 100 yards and haven't messed with seating depths yet for either load.

Attachments

• IMG_1472.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 164
Just checking. I wasn't sure if your situation. I've got a full size 30 cal can but if I ever get one specifically for hunting I'm thinking Ultra 5 and longer barrels.
I got some magnum rifle with 26 barrels that if I hunted with I would I to have the 5 inch can. This set up I thought wood be good for white tail hunting in the woods of western NC.

Can anyone give me the speeds on a 280 AI with a 20 inch barrel. Thinking of buying one to to use with a suppressor for hunting.
What ranges are you thinking about? There three benefits I found using a suppressor, if you miss the animal doesn't really know where the shot was from so if you're really quick a follow up is viable, your ears and the slightly reduced felt recoil. The over-barrel suppressors add 4" to 5" in open country that's no big deal, in bush country it will be problematic.
With shorter ranges down here, they would use heavy projectile choices and shorter 16" to 18" barrels along with a slightly faster safe powder selection. My 280AI is a 24" barrel so my data isn't much use, am using 150gr Nosler AccuBond projectile