154 Scenar in 300 WIN MAG

DANTEC

does anybody have test or trial 154 gr Lapua Scenar with a 300 WIN mag at long range , BC seem to be just over 0.5 and light bullet as 154 can be launch at high velocity ( over 3250 fps ) , that perhaps a way to shoot far with regular chambering

Good shooting

DAN TEC

DANTEC

I've used them in my 308 Win and the published BC seems correct as compared to Ballistic Program predictions. My new, soon to be finished, 300 WSM is going to shoot the 175 Sierra and the 155 (154 on your side of the pond) Lapua exclusively.

Externally the two bullets are quite similar, same (plus or minus) length and if I recall same bearing surface. I get about 2850fps I believe with the 155 in my 308 Win...could be less as my memory sometime makes up numbers to fool me.

Maybe Ric needs to run some through his new 300 WSM for the betterment of the entire population (take one for the team ya know)!

[ 01-21-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Michael's working with them right now in his 308.

Probably get 3700-3800 fps out of the 30-338 Lapua.
grin.gif

Scenar jacquet are very strong and that couls be intresting to launch them at amazing speed

even if I dont reach 3700/3800 fps I can try 3250/3300 in 300 Win ag with 30 barrel , I have fit a 1 in 13 inch and want to test "light bullet" at 1 mile

good shooting

DAN TEC

Eric,

I know a guy out in New England who shoots the 155 Scenar in .308 1/10" twist...was shooting groups within the inner ring of a 1.44 MB floppy disk at 300 yds consistently..Also wonder what it would do at 300 Win velocities!!

JR

Right now the tests I am doing are incunclusive, so please dont take this seriously. Right now it looks to me that the 155 AMAX might be doing better for me than the 155 Scenar. I am getting good accuracy with the AMAX and not the Scenar. It also appears at this point, APEARS, that the AMAX is doing better in the BC department, I think MAYBE due to the meplat and BT desighn. Will know much more in a couple weeks. This is also out of my rifle and somtimes it defies all common sense!!

dear Meichele

Agree with you that Hornady Bc is a bit low on number but Scenar is stronger than AMAX

I have one box of Amax and make trials at 1 k to compare elevation

good shooting

DAN TEC

Eric,

Do you think the 155 scenar is too long for the 13" twist rate for 1 mile shoot, even at 3.2k? Remember not just weight, but length, at 3.2 and not too great BC will slow down fast for slow twist rate..

JR

JR

dear Jeremy

happy to have news from you

I have get very impressive result with my first 6.5/300 DTC Yuma ( 264 WIN long neck parallel throat ) chambering in a Border 30 inch 1 in 8 fit on a Rem 700 action , I stay in 20 inch groups at 1400 meters very easy ( 139 gr scenar at 3350 fps launch with 5.20 gr of Nobel SP13 ( PCL 9520 )

I have fit a 30 inch 1 in 13 cal 30 chambering 300 WIN MAG parallel throat on my Sako L61 action to make practice at 1200 meters and make trials at 1600 meters with light bullets ( 154/155 )

If you are interesting send me a mail I have big batch of match bullets at good price ( Sierra , Berger , Lapua ....)

good shooting

DAN TEC

Hello Dantec

Where have you to find a shooting range so large ? (1600 meters) Belgium, France, Germany.....

Good shot.

[ 02-19-2004: Message edited by: dudule ]

the range of Mailly le Camp near Reims , that allow to shoot up to 3200 meters with any caliber even canon caliber , European shooters are welcome .

web site is http://perso.wanadoo.fr/tir.mailly

if you go to the forum of Mailly CAUTION that plenty of upset people , not really ready to let you became the master of the place .

Where are you in Belgium ?

good shooting

DAN TEC

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited by: DANTEC ]

[ 04-09-2004: Message edited by: DANTEC ]

Hello Dantec

Near Namur

ooh very impressive range!!!

I shooting with 308win rifle,Stolle action,barrel is an Obermeyer and Mc millan stock.

Which is the ambience on the range of Mailly?

good shoot

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited by: dudule ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.