Woodleigh in .300 WIN MAG

Nice, they are in good condition up here at the moment with all the fresh pick around. It's going to burn off pretty quick though unless we can get some more rain. Where do you call "top of the Brisbane valley"?

Interesting, I run either 78gr of 2217 or 84gr of 2225 with 200gr woodleigh's in my Kimber.
The same loads less half a grain work with 200gr Accubonds too, which will put 3 into a clover leaf at 200 in my rifle.

Cheers.

PS. Brisbane valley is the top of the Brisbane river valley, up around Wivenhoe.

Last edited:
PS. Brisbane valley is the top of the Brisbane river valley, up around Wivenhoe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah just wondering what Mattk called the "top" of the valley. I live in the hills around Crows Nest, our eastern water runs to the Brisbane river eventually. We are probably the western edge of the valley, somewhere up around Yarraman/Blackbutt I'd guess would be the top. I could be wrong.

I was north of Linville, on the Brisbane River headwaters. There was quite a bit of burning off happening yesterday, the police closed the Bris Valley Highway at Coominya, detour through to Esk.

Attachments

• D1F963EE-72EE-4819-8905-69BE1FBF87D3.jpeg
    D1F963EE-72EE-4819-8905-69BE1FBF87D3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
When I have my 300 Norma Mag improved up and running, hopefully in December, I plan to single feed my Berger 215/230 rounds and have 200 gr Woodleighs in the mag. And a similar approach for my 6.5 Addiction - single feed pointy bullets and 160 gr Woodleighs in the mag.

I was up the Sunny Coast yesterday morning, came back through about lunchtime. All the way back from Toogoolawah up to home there are fires. It's good to see people are burning now before it gets to bushfire season. Pity the national parks wouldn't do the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.