300 scenar OTM vs 300 scenar HPBT

rooster721

Any of you guys test (both) of these bullets in your 338's?

I picked up two boxes of the OTM's and (not knowingly) one box of the HPBT 300's... started scratching my head when my COAL drastically changed shortly after opening a new box (HPBT instead of otm) Long story short, the OTM's are 3.691" at the lands, HPBT's 3.641" ...my otm's shoot awesome jumping 10-thou, have read alot on other guys' 338L otm's jumping 10-thou and shooting great, curious if that's the same general consensus on the HPBT bullets?

...looks to me as if the plain HPBT bullets would work in an action limited for length, otm's better for the action/mag combinations that allow longer COAL. Anyway, my loads go from a bit of free space inside, when using the otm's, to **** near compressed and crunching to seat the HPBT 300's to get the same 10-thou jump. Going to test 'em next couple days when I can get away again, til then though... very curious what everyone else does for jump with these bullets? Do they act similar for jump as the otm's??

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.