190 LRX in 300 win mag

I tried the Hammers and it just wasn't what I was looking for. Which sucks because I love supporting local companies. Plus, I like the tip on a mono bullet for reliable expansion. That's one of the top reasons I want to make the switch to monos, I want consistent, reliable expansion that I can set my watch to
I started with that premise, but it has since changed. Not as heavy but here's another local company for your consideration >>>https://www.cavitybackbullets.com/category-s/117.htm

FYSA, a list of lead free bullet options >>> https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/lead-free-bullet-compilation.290864/

I think I'm gonna try the 175 Badlands. I was hoping the 190 LRX might yield enough velocity but I think it would have to be pushed to or beyond RUM velocities to approach the neighborhood of the BD2's bc. But, if I can't find a load with the Badlands, a guy can almost always bet that Barnes bullets will shoot well. So I have a fallback

I've had great performance from 180 AB's using RL22 and H4831sc out to about 600 yds. Both loads are a little over 2800 fps. Good luck with yours!

If you have given up on the 190LRX, THERE is info. RL 26 will get you above the 3000 FPS. Also if you weren't aware Barnes specifically introduced the 190 LRX for the 300 WM

If you have given up on the 190LRX, THERE is info. RL 26 will get you above the 3000 FPS. Also if you weren't aware Barnes specifically introduced the 190 LRX for the 300 WM
I never did try them. I decided to give the 175 Badlands Bull Dozer II a try and I'm glad I did. I got insane velocity with a rather shockingly high bc. They shot really well to boot but I didn't get to harvest anything with them this year. Had to use my wife's Needmoor for various reasons so I'm hoping to get redemption for this next year

Thanks for the feed back, that's what I like about this site. Real time info!! To be honest I had not heard about the Badlands bullets, spent the last hour or so reading about them. Very promising I would think. With the long bullet length I would think a detachable magazine with the ability to hold long cartridges would be helpful. Could you give me some powder info on your loads.
For now I'm working on loads for my 300WM and 300WBY with the new CX bullets and LRX. 180/190 grain . Thanks again.

Thanks for the feed back, that's what I like about this site. Real time info!! To be honest I had not heard about the Badlands bullets, spent the last hour or so reading about them. Very promising I would think. With the long bullet length I would think a detachable magazine with the ability to hold long cartridges would be helpful. Could you give me some powder info on your loads.
For now I'm working on loads for my 300WM and 300WBY with the new CX bullets and LRX. 180/190 grain . Thanks again.
300 win mag, 26" barrel with 1:10 twist
Brass is virgin Peterson LONG which has about a .002" shoulder crush
H-4831 powder
Fed 215 GMM primers
Badlands 175 BD-II seated .020" otl
72 gr - 3,035
72.5 gr - 3,112
73 gr - 3,089
73.5 gr - 3,115
74 gr - 3,133
74.5 gr - 3,159
75 gr - 3,178
75.5 gr - 3,208
76 gr - 3,220
76.5 gr - 3,230
No pressure indications whatsoever. This was run on a brand new barrel as well. I settled on 74.6 which ended up yielding 3,186 fps after break-in