190 LRX in 300 win mag

The 190 is just a hair shorter than the 215 Berger so I believe it would be fine. I know lots of guys run longer throats for that bullet but the 205 EH is only .093 shorter than the LRX and in a new barrel I have it seated right at the neck shoulder junction with the base of the bearing surface
I wasn't talking about length but for performance on game. Monos don't need to be as heavy as lead bullets to kill good. I won't shoot a animal with a impact velocity under 2000fps with a Barnes because it might not expand so you don't want your muzzle velocity to start to low.

I wasn't talking about length but for performance on game. Monos don't need to be as heavy as lead bullets to kill good. I won't shoot a animal with a impact velocity under 2000fps with a Barnes because it might not expand so you don't want your muzzle velocity to start to low.
But you need to drive them faster than cup and core bullets to be as effective.

I've looked at that. But I take manufacturer data with a huge grain of salt. I got data from Berger for the 205 EH and exceeded their max velocity by 200 fps without hitting pressure with H4831. So I'm curious if anyone has real world experience loading it and has found substantially better speed
Berger data is notoriously low. Barnes has been pretty accurate for me.

I know what you guys are saying. You're preaching to the choir over here. No offense intended there. But I haven't bought the bullets yet and I'm trying to see what others have achieved to see if it might be a combination that makes sense for me. I always start lower and work up until I find pressure in my own rifles. I'm just trying to see data that will tell me if it's worth the investment or if I should look elsewhere. I've also considered the 175 Badlands but there is virtually no data with those bullets. Terminal or otherwise
You can use typical data with Badlands. I find that if I start at the top of the data and go up I can usually find a node pretty quickly.

Theres also a huge thread on here that Cody Adams started about terminal performance with badlands bullets.

I know what you guys are saying. You're preaching to the choir over here. No offense intended there. But I haven't bought the bullets yet and I'm trying to see what others have achieved to see if it might be a combination that makes sense for me. I always start lower and work up until I find pressure in my own rifles. I'm just trying to see data that will tell me if it's worth the investment or if I should look elsewhere. I've also considered the 175 Badlands but there is virtually no data with those bullets. Terminal or otherwise
When I first bought my 300WinMag I was using 190 LRX and the 200 ELDX I built two great recipes from the ground up with ladder test and multiple powders and seating deaths this is my findings. 190 lrx
OAL 3.485"
Shell 2.6085"
75.9 H1000
And if interested in the 200 eldx
73 gr. H4831. They both shot amazing go get em. I recently started playing with the 212 ELDx since I can't get 215 burgers.

Hello
I played aroun with Quickload .
190 grain Lrx molycoated
79,5grain Retumbo at 2996 fps
99.99% burne rateBarrel length 26"
With 54092 psi / therm : 26,9
13,3% compressed load
Looks for me like good load
But as always start lower and be safe

When I first bought my 300WinMag I was using 190 LRX and the 200 ELDX I built two great recipes from the ground up with ladder test and multiple powders and seating deaths this is my findings. 190 lrx
OAL 3.485"
Shell 2.6085"
75.9 H1000
And if interested in the 200 eldx
73 gr. H4831. They both shot amazing go get em. I recently started playing with the 212 ELDx since I can't get 215 burgers.
What did your velocity end up being with the LRX?

Awesome. Thank you. So you exceeded Barnes max by 1.5 gr and 212 fps. That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I'm running the Berger 205 EH well over Bergers "max with H4831 and achieved 200 fps more than their max without pressure. So I was hoping something similar would be possible with the 190 LRX

Awesome. Thank you. So you exceeded Barnes max by 1.5 gr and 212 fps. That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I'm running the Berger 205 EH well over Bergers "max with H4831 and achieved 200 fps more than their max without pressure. So I was hoping something similar would be possible with the 190 LRX
Again, any reloading manual is simply a guide and YMMV. As noted in #4, no reloading manufacturer will ever publish unsafe (beyond their set max safe parameters) loads. I will never wish this to anybody, but "IF" something happened to you or your rifle because you exceeded Berger's max load recommendation to achieve 200 FPS more velocity, that is on you, not Berger.

Again, any reloading manual is simply a guide and YMMV. As noted in #4, no reloading manufacturer will ever publish unsafe (beyond their set max safe parameters) loads. I will never wish this to anybody, but "IF" something happened to you or your rifle because you exceeded Berger's max load recommendation to achieve 200 FPS more velocity, that is on you, not Berger.
I know. And that's why I asked this question to begin with. I know they have a very fine line to walk and reality for us is usually substantially different. I would never duplicate someone else's load in my rifle without working up and finding my own pressure signs. I just wanted to run some numbers on paper and see what made the most sense. After seeing what BPollard found for his rifle, I'm sure I could achieve a little better velocity with Reloder 26 but I think a mild load of 3,000 fps with a Badlands 175 will probably be the better option. My goal with this rifle is to not fart around as much as I have in the past with different loads. I want to find one that works and just shoot, shoot, shoot

If you are not locked into the 190, I have been shooting the 196HH with RL26 with great accuracy and exceptional velocity out of 700 Sendero 300WM 26", 1:10tw. This bullet is rated for 1:10 twist so is stable. Since the 700LA has great max COAL, I was able to seat bullet pretty far to take advantage of magazine capacity for added case capacity for the 196HH.

You should be able to hit 3000 fps with the 196 RL26. I believe there is load data in the Hammer Hunter load data spreadsheet.

If you are not locked into the 190, I have been shooting the 196HH with RL26 with great accuracy and exceptional velocity out of 700 Sendero 300WM 26", 1:10tw. This bullet is rated for 1:10 twist so is stable. Since the 700LA has great max COAL, I was able to seat bullet pretty far to take advantage of magazine capacity for added case capacity for the 196HH.

You should be able to hit 3000 fps with the 196 RL26. I believe there is load data in the Hammer Hunter load data spreadsheet.

I tried the Hammers and it just wasn't what I was looking for. Which sucks because I love supporting local companies. Plus, I like the tip on a mono bullet for reliable expansion. That's one of the top reasons I want to make the switch to monos, I want consistent, reliable expansion that I can set my watch to