142gr 6.5 Accubond LR with BC of .719!?!?!?!?!

o2bwest

Am I the only one that finds the BC of the new 142 Grainers hard to believe? How does a 142gr 6.5 have a BC of .719 when the 160gr Matrix bullet only has a BC of .685?

I would think it might be a tad over estimated. I know the 150gr. .277" NABLR actual BC is not what is advertised.

I would like to see a 142 TMK though.

I'd bet they will be in the same BC range as the Berger and JLK(.640BC) bullets. The 210 LRAB, with it's equally overoptimistic BC claim is actually about the same as the 210 Berger VLD.

Last edited:
Most bullet makers over state BCs because they calculate them and of course use the highest BC
(Which was at the perfect conditions and not normal for most applications and altitudes).

The best way to find the BCs of a bullet is to shoot it in your rifle under normal conditions that you would encounter and with a good velocity you can plot the trajectory and end up with the actual BC
of a bullet.

Don't get caught up in the numbers game with bullets because it could be different from rifle to rifle
using the same bullet.

It can be misleading if used improperly. I live on the gulf coast where the altitude is 18 ft and the humidity is 98 to 100% most of the time and the numbers don't mean very much. so I test all of the bullets for accurate BCs based on drop charts.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

According to the work Bryan Litz did on the ABLR's, 6 out of 11 bullets had the BC inflated by 9-10%. That would put the real BC at .647 or so, inline with what others have said here.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.