Accubond LR Comparison and G7 BC Test

Excellent work MMERSS! I was not inclined to change my current load using Berger 210's in my 300 WM but based on your test and information provided by others, I will definitely give them a try. While I have not had any issues with killing effect of the Bergers on medium game between 500 and 1000 yards, I have always been somewhat skeptical about performance on larger game. The bullet fragmentation that you show for the AMAX are identical to the kind of fragments that I have recovered on numerous game animals I have shot with the Bergers at the ranges stated above. Given the BC's of the AB appear very close to the Bergers, I wouldn't have too much of a difference, if any to my current ballistics info. Hopefully they produce the same accuracy and ES. Thanks again for sharing this useful information.

Will add my thanks for all the work and reporting. I especially appreciate the expansion test and photos. Valuable insight.

I was not inclined to change my current load using Berger 210's in my 300 WM but based on your test and information provided by others, I will definitely give them a try. While I have not had any issues with killing effect of the Bergers on medium game between 500 and 1000 yards, I have always been somewhat skeptical about performance on larger game.

The LRABs should be in the "for consideration" category. I've had extremely good success with Berger bullets and it's tough for me to look elsewhere. The LRAB would be my choice as of now for elk hunting in the 50 to 900 yard range with a 30 cal. Reasons for considering the change would be the possible short range shot or a hit on the big shoulder bone. I've shot deer before under the 400 yard mark with non controlled expansion bullets. The deer only moved straight down with rib shots. Those bullets are deadly and throw fragments everywhere. There were small chunks of copper and lead all the way up into the backstraps. I've also had good success with AccuBonds using them in my earlier years while elk hunting (600 yards max) before moving to the Bergers. The last box plus of LR 210's will be loaded for a hunting buddy for his September sheep hunt. He's an AccuBond fan and will like the new LR line.

I have 2 boxes to test from my Dads 30/375 S.I. ( should run the 210s at about 2950-3000 fps) and will be used, as you said, for 0-1000 yard elk hunting. After that the 338 Lapua will get the call. Thanks for the effort you put into testing, it is really appreciated.

Riley

Awesome thread!

Thanks for doing the tests and sharing the information.

I love the 140 AB in my two Sendero 7mm STWs and they are very accurate/deadly on whitetails. I am looking forward to shooting them (150 gr. for whitetails and 168/175 gr. for anything bigger) when they become available very soon.

The 208s have evaporated on moose bones. I'll never use another 208 on moose. I'll use the 208 on deer, sheep, maybe cow elk defiantly but I'm looking forward to trying the ALR on moose. Well worth the extra coin IMHO for heavier game. The original ACCUBOND and Barnes bullets have held up the best on Alaska/Yukon bulls.

That just makes sence in my small brains!

MMERSS,

Thanks for sharing. Good work and much appreciated.

Also thanks to the gents that helped...

Good shooting!

Very informative and valuable info! This is a lot closer to the b.c. most of us thought it would be. Still, if terminal performance is good, it may be a good option......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts