134 & 139gr Hammer Hunter loads in 6.5 CM

LBEdgin

I really want to try both 134 & 139gr in my 6.5 CM. I know a lot of folks say these are heavy for my Creedmoor, but was hoping someone would share any load information for these two bullets for the 6.5 Creedmoor. As I ordered them as I like a little heavier bullet. But I would really appreciate any information on these two bullet for my Creedmoor.

Thanks David

No data for those weights in Hammers in the spreadsheets. You might call Steve @ Hammer to see if he has suggestions?
When done, share your rifle and load data. I'll post it for others.
I got some information from Steve and got them loaded up. I'll post the results once I find the time to try them out. He recommended landing up on the 134gr starting at 35gr using Varget, and 41gr with Hybrid 100v as these were the two powders that worked well using 130gr Accubond. With the Hybrid 100v shooting a .227" at 107yds & the Varget being a little behind that. Coal on Accubond was 2.800". Would have stopped there but getting Accubond are super hard to find!
The 139gr also landing up from 32gr for Varget, and for Hybrid 100v starting at 36gr. Hope to post results ASAP.

Do you have the twist for the 137s? Recommended 1:6.5" twist rate. I could not get them to shoot as well as the 131s in my 1:7.5" 6.5SS, which brings a lot more help with speed to the table that the 6.5CM does.

I've run 139 Shock Hammers no issue with 1:8TR. Shot biggest hog in 2020 with it at 190 yards. It's a beautiful bullet. I've got it running 2675, 24" barrel but don't suggest using my load it's super hot. I will only get 4 shots out of brass before blowing primer pockets out.

46A24005-C1EA-4A30-87B6-9C2B1B986170.jpeg

I've run 139 Shock Hammers no issue with 1:8TR. Shot biggest hog in 2020 with it at 190 yards. It's a beautiful bullet. I've got it running 2675, 24" barrel but don't suggest using my load it's super hot. I will only get 4 shots out of brass before blowing primer pockets out.

View attachment 411178
2675 and hot? Must have been a fat finger on the number.

130+ is doing it "wrong" for copper bullets. They are designed to be "light for caliber". You're supposed to drop DOWN in weight from your normal lead weight, because copper bullets rely on the extra velocity and they do not shed weight like lead bullets. You don't benefit at all from a heavy copper bullet, it's the opposite.

Consider that the Hammer Bullets owner, with all his experience and customer feedback, built a 6.5 Cr for the purpose of using 85gr Hammer Hunters on deer. But you think 134+gr are better. Think about that, do you know better than he does?