Hammer Hunter 124 in 6.5 PRC

So I got to do some additional testing with Superformance and got some really strange results as shown below

57.9gr - 3090 to 3224, ES 134 fps, 0.58 MOA

58.2 - 3158 to 3226, ES 68 fps, 0.33 MOA

58.5 - 3180 to 3218, ES 38 fps, 0.26 MOA

58.8 - 3218 to 3231, ES 13 fps

I didn't get an accurate group for the last one due to the conditions, between the mirage off the suppressor and the fact that it was dark I was having difficulty picking out the bullseye. The group was 0.2 MOA of vertical but 1 MOA of horizontal so I'm pretty sure I just sliding on the bags.

So I plan on trying a little bit up and down from 58.8 to see if it is a stable node but as it sits I am very happy with the results.

Our load is as follows.

124g Hammer Hunter
rl26 topped out at 60g
Bertram brass
wlrm primer
coal 2.900"
vel= 3235fps

This load is shooting 3/4" at 200y.

We did take it up to 61g and 3280 fps. Here it showed an ejector mark so we backed away.
So, you are running the load at 60 grains of RL26 with good results? I also am running this load but have not shot it through the chrono to see what it is doing. OI do get minor ejector marks sometimes. This load hits with some serious authority. Last years Antelope hit right behind the shoulder didn't take a step. It went down so fast I actually thought I had missed and it had run off. When I stood up and saw the faint white patch in the tall grass i was pleasantly surprised. It shoots really well but I wonder if it is just a tad to hot. I don't shoot the rifle much but I don't want to burn the barrel out either. thanks for any info you want to share.

So, you are running the load at 60 grains of RL26 with good results? I also am running this load but have not shot it through the chrono to see what it is doing. OI do get minor ejector marks sometimes. This load hits with some serious authority. Last years Antelope hit right behind the shoulder didn't take a step. It went down so fast I actually thought I had missed and it had run off. When I stood up and saw the faint white patch in the tall grass i was pleasantly surprised. It shoots really well but I wonder if it is just a tad to hot. I don't shoot the rifle much but I don't want to burn the barrel out either. thanks for any info you want to share.
I think you are doing well. You are showing very beginning signs of pressure on your brass. Barrel life is more related to the overall design of the cartridge as a whole. Backing off a grain isn't going to drastically change your barrel life. Keep driving it. Have some extra brass on hand and enjoy your killing machine.

Barrels are replaceable.

I just finished up my daughters PRC with the 124 HH today.This is a Full custom gun.
124 HH
59.5 grains of H1000
2.850 OAL
3288 FPS.
ES of 7 out of 15 shots today.
200 yd group today was .249

I ran this up to 3320 FPS and didn't hit pressure but I had a velocity node that put 5 into nearly the same hole so I went in the middle of it and loaded 15 today. Hopefully this little bullet tears up a bull elk for her this year.

You could be showing some extra pressure with diff brass or lot of powder or outside temp. If we knew your vel we could get a better idea where you are with pressure compared to our load. I agree with what was said. I think you are at a nice stout load. Run it, unless you start having issues with bolt lift or ejecting.

So I got to do some additional testing with Superformance and got some really strange results as shown below

57.9gr - 3090 to 3224, ES 134 fps, 0.58 MOA

58.2 - 3158 to 3226, ES 68 fps, 0.33 MOA

58.5 - 3180 to 3218, ES 38 fps, 0.26 MOA

58.8 - 3218 to 3231, ES 13 fps

I didn't get an accurate group for the last one due to the conditions, between the mirage off the suppressor and the fact that it was dark I was having difficulty picking out the bullseye. The group was 0.2 MOA of vertical but 1 MOA of horizontal so I'm pretty sure I just sliding on the bags.

So I plan on trying a little bit up and down from 58.8 to see if it is a stable node but as it sits I am very happy with the results.
Thats awesome

Thats awesome
I load for and have 2 6.5 prcs one with a 25 in Bartlein and the other a 26 in proof sendero light one with a pre 64 mod 70 action the other a Curtis Axiom 58.3 grs gives 3260 and 3300 fps with the 124 gr hammer the mod 70 has a 7.5 twist it also shoots the 131 gr hammers 3190 fps with 57. 5 grs of n165 I'm up too 3454 fps with the 123 gr absolutes with 63.5 grs of n165 haven't lost a primer pocket yet My first load was developed last summer in 90 plus degrees no pressure problems It seems the harder and faster you drive these bullets the more bug holes you get I have a hard tine believing my own results now I'm starting load development on my new build using 90 gr absolutes for my 25-284 I've tweeked seating depth a bit and crimp taking Beans advice it did help I'm surprised rhat not many loaders on here use n165

I load for and have 2 6.5 prcs one with a 25 in Bartlein and the other a 26 in proof sendero light one with a pre 64 mod 70 action the other a Curtis Axiom 58.3 grs gives 3260 and 3300 fps with the 124 gr hammer the mod 70 has a 7.5 twist it also shoots the 131 gr hammers 3190 fps with 57. 5 grs of n165 I'm up too 3454 fps with the 123 gr absolutes with 63.5 grs of n165 haven't lost a primer pocket yet My first load was developed last summer in 90 plus degrees no pressure problems It seems the harder and faster you drive these bullets the more bug holes you get I have a hard tine believing my own results now I'm starting load development on my new build using 90 gr absolutes for my 25-284 I've tweeked seating depth a bit and crimp taking Beans advice it did help I'm surprised rhat not many loaders on here use n165
That's the way they are designed, The faster the better, wait until you kill something with them, you'll be amazed

Our load is as follows.

124g Hammer Hunter
rl26 topped out at 60g
Bertram brass
wlrm primer
coal 2.900"
vel= 3235fps

This load is shooting 3/4" at 200y.

We did take it up to 61g and 3280 fps. Here it showed an ejector mark so we backed away.
This makes me a little nervous. I am running the 121 in my PRC. Different bullet I know, but I started my ladder at 58.0 of RL26 and hit 3300 even from a Fierce Fury with a 24" 8 twist shooting over a magneto. 59.2 to 59.8 I have a great node from 3374 to 3378. I ran my ladder up to 61.6 at 3493 with primers still fine and no sticky bolt lift. The climb was predictable all through the ladder with my last load of 61.6 at 3493. I loaded for a group at 59.5 and shot a messy 3/4" hole with 5 shots from 3365 to 3374. Is the bullet that different, do I have a very fast barrel (about 175 rounds in) or am I running very hot and just not seeing signs? It looks alot faster than I would expect from 3 grains of bullet weight.

This makes me a little nervous. I am running the 121 in my PRC. Different bullet I know, but I started my ladder at 58.0 of RL26 and hit 3300 even from a Fierce Fury with a 24" 8 twist shooting over a magneto. 59.2 to 59.8 I have a great node from 3374 to 3378. I ran my ladder up to 61.6 at 3493 with primers still fine and no sticky bolt lift. The climb was predictable all through the ladder with my last load of 61.6 at 3493. I loaded for a group at 59.5 and shot a messy 3/4" hole with 5 shots from 3365 to 3374. Is the bullet that different, do I have a very fast barrel (about 175 rounds in) or am I running very hot and just not seeing signs? It looks alot faster than I would expect from 3 grains of bullet weight.
That little of a difference could be the result of bullet weight seating depth barrel etc all in your favor sounds like you have a good load no pressure signs no worry

What Chrono are you using?

What Chrono are you using?
Magneto Speed. I was wondering if that was possibly starting to have issues too. When it cools off and I have a chance to stretch it out and see if it's close. I hope it's still working, 3370 is awesome. I was actually expecting velocity like this from this bullet. I am only now concerned looking at others results with the 124.