Anyone have load data for 6.5 PRC 139gr Hammer Hunter?

Montana73

I have a 24 inch 1-8 twist barrel and am interested in some load experience with this bullet for deer and occasional elk hunting - not competition shooting. BTW - I am not a hand loader unfortunately.

I talked to Cooper Creek Ammo and they said they would custom load either my load or theirs. They said their load right now with this bullet is 3050-3100 in a 26" barrel. Does this sound right or close to your experience.

If not, would you share your experience load. I would assume that I would lose 15-20fps per inch in my 24 inch barrel based on what I've read. That would mean a little over 3010fps?

Bill

Bill, I'm looking at a Seekins rifle in 6.5 PRC with 24" and 1:8. Hunting purposes not competition.
Searching for factory load advice I'm disappointed nobody has responded to your question.
Maybe my reply will bump some responses.

First time to see this thread. First thing, not a Hammer Hunter which requires faster twist rates. Shock Hunter yes, 1 in 8 twist. Might be the reason for no response. My 6.5 PRC is same as y'alls only 0.155 throat so custom ammo. I do load my own although I'm still not through with barrel break in. In answer to the OP's question, I expect 3050+ MV with 140 grain bullets from mine w/ 24" barrel. My powder of choice will be VV N565 w/ 215M primers. If you don't load your own and want premium performance from your rifle, then I would give them a try. You might try Precision Hunter first just to see how it performs and finish your break in, then check the COPPER Creek loads. Just what I would do.

Rhett

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.