.123 MOA @ 1360 yds

COBrad

Now and then I shoot a group that goes on the wall behind my reloading bench. This is one of them.
This group is the best 3 out of a five shot group. Got a best 3 the week before that measured 4".
Practicing to try beat my current longest shot of 1402 yds on a marmot.

Attachments

• 1360 yd group 7.23.16.jpg
    1360 yd group 7.23.16.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 55
Nice shooting. Its always nice when things come together.

Several years ago, I set up a target in the groundhog fields at 600 yds. I just wanted to confirm my drops on a custom 22-243AI. Fired 3 shots and moved in to see where the impacts were. Low & behold all 3 holes were in a tiny cluster which measured .625". That stunt was never to be repeated by me. :D

Now and then I shoot a group that goes on the wall behind my reloading bench. This is one of them.
This group is the best 3 out of a five shot group. Got a best 3 the week before that measured 4".
Practicing to try beat my current longest shot of 1402 yds on a marmot.

That is one heck of a group! .........Rich

Quarter Minute Magnums rifle; BAT HR action, 28" Kreiger #19 taper barrel chambered for 7 mag .307 neck, Berger 180 gr HVLD's, Jewell 20 oz. trigger, Greybull stock w/ bedding block milled out and glass bedded, Schmidt Bender PMII 4-16 scope.
Conditions were pretty calm with only .25 MOA wind dialed in. Shooting from bipod.

Attachments

• Rifle2.jpg
    Rifle2.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 52
Quarter Minute Magnums rifle; BAT HR action, 28" Kreiger #19 taper barrel chambered for 7 mag .307 neck, Berger 180 gr HVLD's, Jewell 20 oz. trigger, Greybull stock w/ bedding block milled out and glass bedded, Schmidt Bender PMII 4-16 scope.
Conditions were pretty calm with only .25 MOA wind dialed in. Shooting from bipod.

Brad..........Best group I have shot was with a lot of the same components and conditions:D It was with my 30/375 S.I. at 880 yards (not up to your group) at 1.18". BAT HR, 28" Krieger Sendero contour, Jewell trigger and Greybull stock with calm conditions. I was using my 208 gr. SXR bullets. That BAT action is amazing! I can lift the bolt with one finger on a load that would nearly blow a primer.....Rich

Same experience here with my BAT. My loads are several grains over book, but no pressure signs I can detect. I have 11 reloads on my brass. Neck annealing done to keep neck tension consistent. I usually neck size and bump shoulders .001 when necessary.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.