1 mile rifle question

Hirschi1

1 million dollar question here. Looking to build a rifle. Caliber suggestions please.
Requirements
-Short action
-Standard bolt face (308 Win)
-Fit an ACIS mag
-Option for PRS use
-1 mile capability.

Yeah, to be competitive, you want a PRS built rifle for PRS. Most people seem to be into some local PRS stuff and I'm not sure what all that entails, nor do I care to.

But if you are in a tactical div or production then you're already limited with what you can use, and open/production are the only two you can have a magnum. If you're shootings open or production the rules are a .30 cal with less that 32,000 fps, so you COULD rock a .300 prc but I've yet to see a regionals go past 1400, you won't need a magnum. Most dudes are running barrel burners with high bc bullets trying to keep everything on the hold and memorize their wind.

I know that I won't shoot 1 mile during a prs shot. Would like that capability for fun.
PRS is a game of speed where you need the ability to be able to spot your misses.
For that reason 6mm's are hard to beat, I'd build a 6 creed or a 6.5 creed as the absolute biggest.
For 1 mile you're going to be better served with something like a 7 saum, or 300 prc

There is no answer that meets all your criteria. No short action, 308 bolt face cartridge will be anything close to reliable at one mile. This is coming from a big 260 Rem advocate.

Replace short action with long action, or 308 bolt face with magnum bolt face if you are serious about shooting at a mile.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.