1/4" @ 50 yards

phillietimothy

I was looking at the Nikon Pro-Staff 3-9x40 rimfire scope. It has 1/4" @ 50 yard adjustments. Would I be correct in assuming that this equates to 1/2" @ 100 yards? For a specific .22LR round, ( 100 yard zero ) the drop at 200 yards is 40". This is approximately 20MOA. This would require 40 clicks of adjustment as opposed to 80 clicks for a 1/4" @ 100 yard scope, am I correct? A software program I was using indicated 80 clicks, I believe the software is using 1/4" @ 100 yards as a default setting. Just verifying that I am not missing something. Thank you in advance.

Tim

Varmint,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. I was relatively confident that the software was wrong. I'm new to all of this, I guess I needed reassurance. More than likely, the software figured the adjustment needed based on the typical scope, that has 1/4"@100 yard adjustments. Thanks again.

Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.