Zeiss scope purchase?

I only want the V6 because it says made in Germany. But does it perform 1k better? The glass is supposed to be better, the adjustments feel slightly more crisp, and you gain magnification on both ends. The price difference would have paid for my range finding binos. I'll probably go with the V4 personally.

Nightforce ATACR is great but would do SHV before NXS. Nightforce in general is heavy so depending on application it might not be best option. I know Vortex is popular but anything of reasonable size and weight hasn't impressed me.

If it's razor line I like it, I plan to buy an AMG when I sell my v4.

Another vote for the V6. I have the 5-30 on my 6.5-284 Norma. The glass is wonderful and you get a lot of scope for the money. I'd buy another one. Just to put it in perspective, I also own 2 NF's (ATACR & NXS) and a Swarovski
The next time you get an eye exam, look at the equipment they use. It's all Zeiss!! The Germans know how to make great glass.

Elkeater and I doing it the same way. I found the eye relief to be smaller or less forgiving but once I had taken the time to adjust to my eye and then the rifle mounted position I think the image is super crisp! Too bad our names weren't more synonymous! Adirondack translates to barkeater lol. Last year it was tag soup. I really like the balance of the v4. Mated to a .280AI and the zero stop is perfect. Very small wrench to set up. I swore I would never buy anything but a leupold then got a nightforce-mehh, and now the Zeiss.

BTW My V4 is mated to a .300WM in Talley medium rings.

And as stated in another post you will need a torx bit with you at the range to set the zero stop.

BTW My V4 is mated to a .300WM in Talley medium rings.

And as stated in another post you will need a torx bit with you at the range to set the zero stop.

The Torx wrench comes with the scope just remember to bring it along

I have two V6's and one V4. The V6 is worth the extra spend because it has superior glass. Honestly, if your looking for a lightweight hunting scope with turrets, this scope is hard to beat for the price. I built a light weight rifle to shoot suppressed and wanted to find the best scope with the least weight to keep total rifle weight down. So far turrets seem to be accurate and repeatableView attachment 134326 . I was pleased enough that I purchased another for my next rifle.

Beautiful light weight you have there. Do tell the components. Proof research barrel? Manners? My next rifle will be a custom build like that.

I have a V4 in 4-16. It's a good scope. It has tracked well and hasn't given me any issues. I find that the glass is not as bright or crisp as some of my other scopes. From what I understand, the V6 is noticeably better. As between the two you mention, I'd go with the 3-18. I love that range for hunting - a low end low enough for woods work and a high end that will work well beyond ethical hunting ranges. I have two Leupold VX6HDs in that range and love them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.