Zeiss spotting scope question

KNHOTROD

Anybody know difference in 2005 Zeiss Diascope T FL 85 with 20* 60 eye piece vs newer model which is Victory I believe. I see they no longer make this one. A guy has one for sale paid $1200 new wants $1600 seen some of the newer models are about $3000 easy now? Whats up with price tripling in 6 years?

I have a couple year old diascope 85 w an angled eye piece and love it. My dad has the 65 straight and loves his. I think they are as good as it gets unless you can afford a leica which is between 3-4k. Never had an issue and the life time warranty is transferable. Just get the card and send it in. That says something to me about a company.

I have the 85mm diascope and have spent a lot of time behind it glassing elk, deer and other critters it is a great scope. Mine is probably 5 or 6 years old, seems like I paid around $1,300 for it new from Cabela's. I'm sure it was not more than $1,600....... I did not know they had gone up that much. Most of the cost increase is probably the dollar exchange rate. You can thank our current administration for trashing the value of the dollar by printing money and holding interest rates artificially low...... HOO-RAH for "hope and change" :(

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.