purchase plans

trueblue

With the new presidential administration forthcoming, I am curious if this will change anyones plans on future gun related purchases( rifles, reloading supplies, ect ), and what everyone will be looking to buy or stock up on.

I'm going to pick up an AR platform in the next month or two. I haven't decided if I should go with a .223, or try something with a little more punch (.243). Its no secret that democrats have wanted to reinstate the AR ban, with all sorts of new restrictions. Obama will sign anything the house/senate comes up with (just like Clinton did).

I'll bet you won't be able to find an 30 round magazines for sale after a few weeks.

Time will tell. I don't believe it will be as drastic as the propoganda that the NRA was distributing for their political party.....
I have about 40 guns, most acquired during the Clinton years.

From the Obama website, as of Nov 7 (Urban Policy | Change.gov

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

If you're going to buy an AR you better hurry. They are leaving the shelves quick around here and S&W M&P 15's have gone up $200 since Tuesday. I don't know if the dealers are raising prices because they know people are going to be buying them up or if it was Smith & Wesson made the price increase.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.