Wood Bench/Table Plans

crappiedan

Does anyone have any plans for a good wood bench? I have been shooting off my picnic table for years and its almost ready to fall apart. looking for some plans to build a nice one. Thanks

Sorry for the bad picture, but it's raining so I took it through the window. Here's one I made. Nothing fancy, took about $60 and 2 hours. $30 of that was just for the 4x8 treated sheeting that I used a whole 36"x36" of.

Attachments

• Bench.jpg
    Bench.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 123
Here's my homemade bench for right and left handed shooters.

If you like It I could give you more pics and dimension.
Let me Know

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 108
Here is my shooting bench , made from a 4' x 4' , half sheet of 3/4" interior grade plywood . Cutting was done with a circular saw , and jigsaw . Cut to dimensions shown in diagram , then join two panels into double thickness table top using liquid nails
[ generously spread ] , and short drywall screws from one side only , as this will be your underside of bench . Use a belt sander to smooth edges and round corners . The legs are 30" long pipes , galvanized 1&1/4" heavy wall pipe , threaded in PIPE THREAD .
Legs are attached to bench with 4" x 4" steel plates , 1/4" thickness . Take two straight pipe splice couplers , 1&1/4" to fit pipe , cut each in half at an 18 degree angle , and weld to steel plate on the angular cut . Position two front fittings at slight outward angle , and rear fitting straight back . Drill 4 holes through each plate and mount to underside of bench with 3/8" x 2 & 1/2" carriage head bolts , nuts and lock-washers . Legs can be screwed into sockets to set-up bench , and removed to transport . Overall length of bench can be shortened by cutting off at narrow rear end of bench. Sand it all smooth and paint or stain & varnish to your liking .
My bench weighs 43# and is 31" height with 42" overall length . With the legs unscrewed , I can carry my bench in the trunk of a small car .
If you need a taller bench , have the legs cut longer .
Being a 3 legged design , it is stable on most any rough surface .It is very strong and stable , I can sit in the middle of table top without any flex , and I weigh 199#.
This bench is a slight adaptation to one designed by Rick Jamison , former writer at SHOOTING TIMES magazine .
Good Luck ,
DMP25-06

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpg
    IMG_2083.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2074.jpg
    IMG_2074.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2075.jpg
    IMG_2075.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2076.jpg
    IMG_2076.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2080.jpg
    IMG_2080.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 153
I have built a few of these. They are rock solid and adjustable for everyone (unless your left handed) They fold up and are easy to transport. If you want some measurements send me a pm.
LB

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.