Ballistic Table

littletoes

I'd like to make a ballistic table for a 300 Weatherby using 190 grain SMK's,R25 powder. Starting load will be 78 grains working up into the high 80's. I do not own any programs to help me with this. I suspect velocity to be somewhere around 2900 to 3100 fps when through working the load. Any recomendations would be appreciated, thanks all, littletoes. long-distance,the next best thing to being there

Dave King

Lito

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

It'll help to know the temperature and elevation you expect to be in when hunting.

There was very recently a thread about creating a "Drop Chart", this thread should give you enough info to get setup very well. If you can't find it, I dig through and link some things here.

HoytemanPA

Hi Littletoes,

Here is a link that has a few ballistic programs.
http://stevespages.com/page8b.htm

The Point Blank one it is nice and the price is right. It gives a graphic drop chart out to 500 but the data goes out to 1000. I mainly use it for the load database. You can enter actual groups on a target associated with the load. Kinda neat. HPA

littletoes

Hey Dave and Hoyt, have just purchased 100 pieces-Norma brass to start working on that load, only problem- I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO ANY YET! Driving me crazy! Spring time blues. littletoes.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce