Ballistic Table

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by littletoes, Apr 13, 2002.

1. littletoes

littletoes Well-Known Member

I'd like to make a ballistic table for a 300 Weatherby using 190 grain SMK's,R25 powder. Starting load will be 78 grains working up into the high 80's. I do not own any programs to help me with this. I suspect velocity to be somewhere around 2900 to 3100 fps when through working the load. Any recomendations would be appreciated, thanks all, littletoes. long-distance,the next best thing to being there [​IMG]

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Lito

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

It'll help to know the temperature and elevation you expect to be in when hunting.

There was very recently a thread about creating a "Drop Chart", this thread should give you enough info to get setup very well. If you can't find it, I dig through and link some things here.

3. HoytemanPA

HoytemanPA Well-Known Member

Hi Littletoes,

Here is a link that has a few ballistic programs.
    http://stevespages.com/page8b.htm

The Point Blank one it is nice and the price is right. It gives a graphic drop chart out to 500 but the data goes out to 1000. I mainly use it for the load database. You can enter actual groups on a target associated with the load. Kinda neat. HPA

4. littletoes

littletoes Well-Known Member

Hey Dave and Hoyt, have just purchased 100 pieces-Norma brass to start working on that load, only problem- I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO ANY YET! Driving me crazy! Spring time blues. littletoes.

5. Made in Sweden

Made in Sweden New Member

If you want a superb ballistic chart for any given load. Go to Normas homepage!!! http://www.norma.cc/

6. rjf3

rjf3 Well-Known Member