You can only get it from me Wildcats mentality.

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
Just got back from the range. Ringing steel at 400 yards. Not impressive. Except I was shooting a real Winchester Model 1885 High Wall Falling Block in 45-70 with peep sites Serial number says 1913. It has the set trigger from that vintage. The other rifle is a 1884 Springfield Trapdoor I rebarrelled to 257 Roberts. It's has peep sites as well. Bang......................Tink. 425 yard IPSC target.

One day I took my .220 Extremest for fireforming. There were twenty cases ready to go. That day I fired all twenty at the 15" 400 yard gong.....offhand. I hit it every time. My wife called me a showoff because there were a couple guys there shooting at the same gong and NOT hitting it every time. The difference is they were firing from the bench.

One day I took my .220 Extremest for fireforming. There were twenty cases ready to go. That day I fired all twenty at the 15" 400 yard gong.....offhand. I hit it every time. My wife called me a showoff because there were a couple guys there shooting at the same gong and NOT hitting it every time. The difference is they were firing from the bench.
Good job. Now I have to find out what a .220 Extremest is.

That's why we do this. It does nothing for anyone else. It's only for self. If anyone else cares it's icing on the cake.

Good job. Now I have to find out what a .220 Extremist is.

That's why we do this. It does nothing for anyone else. It's only for self. If anyone else cares it's icing on the cake.

If you can picture a .220 Swift blown out with .010" taper ending with a 1/8" long neck flowing from Weatherby radii that is a .220 Extremist. It ran a Nosler 55 grain Ballistic Tip at 4,005 feet per second even in 100 degrees. The significance here is my buddy's .220 Swift locked up the bolt when he kept trying to shoot at the 'chucks that day.

After searching for about ten minutes I can't come up with even one case. That wildcat was replaced with the .224MBOC. There is a photo of that one next to a .223 Rem earlier in this thread.

If you can picture a .220 Swift blown out with .010" taper ending with a 1/8" long neck flowing from Weatherby radii that is a .220 Extremist. It ran a Nosler 55 grain Ballistic Tip at 4,005 feet per second even in 100 degrees. The significance here is my buddy's .220 Swift locked up the bolt when he kept trying to shoot at the 'chucks that day.

After searching for about ten minutes I can't come up with even one case. That wildcat was replaced with the .224MBOC. There is a photo of that one next to a .223 Rem earlier in this thread.

Like!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.