You can only get it from me Wildcats mentality.

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
Point-- we have wildcatter group with over 100, maybe 150,

maybe 12 of them in guns, charging to get reamers released, etc

Mr Seaman owns bunch guns, some ELR, making more, making cases,

neck dies, sizing dies, hydroforming dies, etc, working at getting something in more guns...

I have few wildcats, most in guns, some in quit a few, my stuff, all public domain, and

the sad thing is years ago a semi famous, asshat gunny patented or pat

pending short, fat, nonsense, wild stupid claims, damaged the gun

industry so bad, that may take years to recover, if ever..

Hate to see more of same nonsense....Ed

Point-- we have wildcatter group with over 100,

maybe 12 of them in guns, charging to get reamers released, etc

Mr Seaman owns bunch guns, some ELR, making more, making cases,

neck dies, sizing dies, hydroforming dies, etc..

I have few wildcats, most in guns, some in quit a few, my stuff, public domain, and

thing is years ago an asshat gunny patented or pat

pending short, fat, nonsense, wild stupid claims, damaged the gun

industry so bad, that may take years to recover, if ever..

Hate to see more of same nonsense....Ed

And that again explains the point.

I'm not against making money but doing it by "squatting" on every possible case design without actually doing anything with the design is not something I support.

You are so full of sh*#.

I've been in these battles before. You are the one that will go away mad.

You are nothing but a keyboard commando. Another internet troll looking to stir up the scheiße because you have no life. You've been whining about every cartridge he's posted for the last three years, with zero intention of building any. Go away, Fed Semen.

There are very few true wildcatters anymore I think, guys who want to actually improve upon a case to perform better for the roll they want it for, there is an epidemic of squatting on any case you can punch out, give it a fierce sounding name and shoot some shiny pictures and do some quickload with your quickdesign so you have some performance numbers. Anyone who really wildcats knows you find all kinds of nuances once you actually fire bullets and you find the right burn rates and sometimes you find Quickload was full of bull and you go back to the drawing board.

I think to be a real wildcat and have a claim to it you need to have history to back it up, there are few wildcatters these days that can show anything more than a forum post of a quickdesign. I personally don't wildcat much but I do build a lot of wildcats and when I'm looking for someone who has a design I like I search out the info and 9 times out of 10 there is just smoke and mirrors and I loose interest quick.
I know guys who protect their design but it's out of the desire to make sure the design is solid over time and safe for those wanting it so they control the builders who build it, this is wise IMO but mostly guys who I contact just want to camp on a design and really have no intention of anyone but them building one and even then most I contact really have never fired their wildcats.
There are always going to be very similar designs, my buddy and I chamber similar round and we send in dummy round and get reamers made and it's funny how often we are very close to each others specs even though we do things different. Gun guys will look at something and likely come up with something close to what has been done, even without any knowledge of specs.

Gents, not to stir this anymore than it already is, but just don't read the specific gentlemen's thread if it bothers you.

I enjoy reading his threads and the cool designs he experiments with. I try not to look into it anymore than that.

I'm not savvy on wildcats so I'm probably missing the point of this thread, but just live and let live. If he wants to chase patents, let him. I don't think he's hurting anyone.

Also, just to be clear. I'm not taking sides. It's just how I view it from my foxhole.

Anyone who discloses technical information in a public forum before the patent, will never successfully win a patent infringement case. Posting it just made it common knowledge. Build any wildcat you want, you will never end up in court over it.

There are very few true wildcatters anymore I think, guys who want to actually improve upon a case to perform better for the roll they want it for.

I think to be a real wildcat and have a claim to it you need to have history to back it up,
There are always going to be very similar designs, my buddy and I chamber similar round and we send in dummy round and get reamers made and it's funny how often we are very close to each others specs even though we do things different. Gun guys will look at something and likely come up with something close to what has been done, even without any knowledge of specs.

The ones I made are for me or anyone crazy enough to use them. Here is one I made because I had 200 .264 brass I was not going to use. The neck is 7/16" long to hold a Hornady 75 Amax out of the powder area. It holds the same amount of powder as a .30-06. i call it .224 MBOC. I use it for squeaks and 'chucks.

a65cd913-d585-45ea-a0a8-5cf41e35fec5_zpsd0f5egne.jpg

I am surprised about what I am reading here. I guess no matter where one goes there are the doers and the wanna bees. I am a wanna bee shooter. But I sure like to hunt and shoot good enough for that. Wildcatting is a disease I'm trying to cure myself of.

Here are my last two. On the left we have a .257SLR and on the right we have the 6.5SLR. the .257 almost matches a .257 Weatherby and the 6.5 matches a .264 win Mag. The .257 starts with a Nosler .280 Improved case and pushes the shoulder forward leaving about a 3/16" neck. The 6.5 neck is about .28" long. The parent case is a 9.3x64 Brenneke. They are designed to fit in the six lug Weatherby.

Along the way I made and used about fifteen.

002_zps8874f979.jpg

Here is a photo of my 6.5SLR next to my 6.5RUMLN. The RUMLN starts with either a 7mm or .300 RUM case. Neck it to 6.5mm and push the shoulder back to match a .338 RUM to get a .300" neck.

002_zpshgcpqezo.jpg

My .375-.416 Rem Mag does not get used anymore. I have become a sissy boy in regaurds to recoil.

Not too long ago a well respected gentleman said that there are far more Communists in the USA than in China,
Only the Govenment in China is Communist, the people are not,

here in the USA it's a different story, we have a state that is absolutely Marxist and breeds Reds like the OP of this thread, guys who create chaos and division among men simply because they did not get their way when they demanded it .....

I received a pm asking me if there is a "backstory" to all this ranting and raving by Fred Semen , truthfully there is NOT ! the only thing there is concerning Fred Semen is absolutely nothing ! nothing ! He injected himself into a case forming agreement I had with Mr. Ed Hubel that was eventually canceled due to impatience on Ed Hubel's part, Fred Semen had ZERO involvement in all this other than repeatedly making a pest of himself over a non issue even after the thing was over,

I walked away from that mess and redesigned the 375 Warlord to utilize a different parent case due to the circumstances, I have no further involvement with the 585 Hubel Express case .....

No clue what Fred Semen's goal is but it's clear he loves to create arguments and start fights over nothing, he has been on LRH only 4 years and already has over 3,300 posts with a good many arguments started by him, seems this internet SJW is on a post count mission without regard to anyone , some of us have been here a dozen years and thrived in peace .......

Did anyone care to ask this FRed Semen guy what his OP is about ? Who has these patents and on which cartridges ? What is he talking about ? seems everyone just jumped on board without questioning this rabble rouser on what his motives are ......

As for FRed Semen calling me out on my wildcats .... really ? hahahaha, didn't you just see your brother Rachel Madcow eat a ton of crow over taxes ? do you want some too ?

Real Wildcat cartridge development is a bit more involved than simply passing an expander ball in 7mm and 30 cal through the neck of the 26 Nosler case and rechambering a factory barrel like you did and calling yourself a wildcat pioneer ! lmao ..... while full well knowing that Nosler has intention of doing it and are in the processs ....

since you FREd Semen initiated this "call out" you go first, howbow da ?

show us in your thread these wild wildcats you have created, and btw, do post the guns you built for them with load data and chronograph results, and I'm not talking about a necked up 26 Nosler case ,
gotta be a true wildcat ...

here is an example of a real wildcat that an F Class shooter and I are working on, and no ..... it is not patented, but yes ..... print is proprietary and you do need approval from us to get a reamer, why ? because It's our design, not yours and you have a tendency to scam off other peoples hard work to make yourself appear innovative

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 73
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.