Yep, I Tumble Bullets.

I can't say tumbling bullets is a bad idea if you like shiny bullets. I have not taken the time to wash my pickup for over eight months, so I probably won't take the time to tumble my bullets either.
I power washed my truck a couple months ago. It has been a about 2 years. 😁
I wanted to get all the blood out of bed and tailgate 😉

That article has a whole bunch of BS. The dude just flat out doesnt know what he's talking about and mischaracterizes a bunch of stuff. For some reason people on the internet have started propagating the 'cold welding' myth and have even heavily edited welding videos to make you think there's little to no heat involved. Make no mistake, spot welding is done with heat and the only reason it works is because the metal is hot enough to become liquid for a split second.

I will say this- I think what y'all are talking about with regards to bulet to case sticking is from galvanic corrosion due to a combination of dissimilar metals in direct contact with each other, and an electrolyte in between (salt in the sweat from your fingers), accelerated by exposure to humidity.

I've not had it happen to me but I'm in a dry climate.

Want to keep it from happening? Wear gloves when seating bullets, and brush some graphite powder in the neck.
Agreed. It's my theory that the reloading community has taken/borrowed the term "cold welding" and used it as sort of an analogy to a problem they haven't fully understood. It's since become the standard/common term, even though it's not actually an accurate term for what's occurring at all.

Like you said, it's simply dissimilar metal corrosion- specifically galvanic corrosion.

This is exacerbated by direct contact of the dissimilar metals and any moisture or moisture attracting elements (like salt).

It is easily prevented by applying any form of barrier between the dissimilar metals and keeping the metal free of moisture. Graphite, mica, HBN, moly, carbon, dry films, corn cob or crushed walnut residue, etc would all create an effect barrier and help inhibit corrosion from occurring. Some are more effective than others.

Factory ammo, military ammo, etc is made with such corrosion inhibitors and is one reason why you don't see issues with them. Another reason is the components are barely touched and handled in the process and no oils, sweat, salt, etc is introduced to the metal surfaces as the ammo is assembled, and if they are handled the worker wears gloves.

Wet tumbled brass immediately loaded with a copper bullet, and neither given any sort of treatment beforehand, stands to have a much higher percentage from eventual galvanic corrosion, especially if handled with ungloved hands.

As mentioned, the easiest ways to prevent the corrosion is applying a barrier, wearing gloves, and shooting the ammo before it has a chance to corrode.

I use graphite on my mandrels and whatever is left after that process helps in seating the bullets. I think.

Did the cowboys or soldiers of old, sit around discussing cold weld on their cartridges? I doubt it, but then I'm still trying to figure out headspace. YouTube keeps telling me I'm doing it all wrong.

I honestly don't ever worry about it. 10 year old reloads and no problems.

I think part of it might be over cleaning. Seriously.

I just tumble my brass in untreated corn media usually. I cannot see my reflection in it nor is it so shiny as to damage my retinas. It is functionally clean. The insides of the cases are still "carbon coated"…I beleive a thin film of residual carbon inside the neck is a good thing.
I agree. The carbon in the neck probably helps more than it hurts. Never heard of problems like that until everything had to be so shiney.