Yep, I Tumble Bullets.

Maybe the problem with all of this "cold welding" is the chemiclas used to make things so shiney. Chemicals and metal have always lead to corrosion issues a lot of times. Typically the bad metal problems like that have come from dissimilar metals like steel screws in aluminum. I don't know why the old corn cob or walnut tumbling media was so bad when people added nufinish and mineral spirts to it. Still works great for me.

I don't leave it in because I have no way to measure it. I want the bullet seating and seating feel to be consistent.
I'll never have to measure everything possible. Wide forgiving nodes always work and make up for trying to over think it. And also loading for conditions that will be closer to where you will hunt. If you want 1/2 moa all of the time, then make your gun do it instead of toy with everything and end up with a picky load that shoots one day and doesn't the next.

I'll never have to measure everything possible. Wide forgiving nodes always work and make up for trying to over think it. And also loading for conditions that will be closer to where you will hunt. If you want 1/2 moa all of the time, then make your gun do it instead of toy with everything and end up with a picky load that shoots one day and doesn't the next.
Sir, I make that .35 MOA all the time....1/2MOA rifles get plasma torched in half and thrown in the dumpster.

Maybe the problem with all of this "cold welding" is the chemiclas used to make things so shiney. Chemicals and metal have always lead to corrosion issues a lot of times. Typically the bad metal problems like that have come from dissimilar metals like steel screws in aluminum. I don't know why the old corn cob or walnut tumbling media was so bad when people added nufinish and mineral spirts to it. Still works great for me.
I use walnut hull media and white diamond metal polish and I've never had any cold weld problems that I know of, but I do make two kinds of brass . That's what I do for the pretty stuff, but most often I brush it out, wipe it off with a rag, anneal, size and load it again.

I use walnut hull media and white diamond metal polish and I've never had any cold weld problems that I know of, but I do make two kinds of brass . That's what I do for the pretty stuff, but most often I brush it out, wipe it off with a rag, anneal, size and load it again.
Right. My pretty stuff gets an hr in corncob media.

I use graphite on my mandrels and whatever is left after that process helps in seating the bullets. I think.

Did the cowboys or soldiers of old, sit around discussing cold weld on their cartridges? I doubt it, but then I'm still trying to figure out headspace. YouTube keeps telling me I'm doing it all wrong.
We know what they sat around and did. I saw Blazing Saddles.