X-Bolt Hunter VS T3 Lite

DartonJager

Price not being a factor which is likely the better all around choice for hunting out to 600 yards in 300 wsm? The browning X-Bolt Hunter or the Tikka T3 lite? And please specify why you think so.

Thanks,
Arthur.

I have the T3 in a .300 WSM. Recoil is noticeable as it will be in a light weight rifle. Mine is interesting. 1/2 MOA for first 10-12 rds after cleaning and then the groups open up. Love the weight. The triggers is pretty good. Stock is mediocre. Bruce

I have to t3 in 300wsm and a x-bolt in 308 and it's a hard choice in what to grab. I love the trigger on the t3, but the x-bolt stock feels like it was made for me. The t3 is more finicky on what loads it likes, but when you get it right, it will shoot with my custom. The x-bolt is less finicky, but it's not going to clover leaf every group.

Im shooting an x-bolt long range hunter in 300wsm. The only thing is the trigger isnt really great. My son shot a sub MOA 10 shot group with it this weekend, he's 15 and the recoil didnt bother him a bit. We shoot an 8 inch plate at 700 all the time and land well inside it. 66 gr of RL22 with a berger 175 hunting VLD and just fit in the magazine. I recently saw jard has an after market trigger for it.

That is an easy one, Browning Hunter gets my vote. Before I tell you why and money is not a factor did you consider Browning Hells Canyon Speed ? Browning is a better rifle do the comparison on Tikka and Browning's web sites. Both rifles shoot very well and I have both but the Browning is a better made rifle.

That is an easy one, Browning Hunter gets my vote. Before I tell you why and money is not a factor did you consider Browning Hells Canyon Speed ? Browning is a better rifle do the comparison on Tikka and Browning's web sites. Both rifles shoot very well and I have both but the Browning is a better made rifle.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate as to why you think the browning is better made? Thank you,
Arthur.

Also by price I meant a Stainless walnut X-Bolt hunter and a T3 Lite are close enough in price IMHO that cost wouldn't matter.

Sure DartonJager, Browning's IMO are better put together at the factory. Actions are glass bedded, barrel chamber is hand lapped and head checked to specific calibers and I'm not going to list everything. Do some research for yourself at Browning's website.
I'm in no way saying the Tikka is a bad rifle, both rifles shoot very well.

I think you're looking at two great rifles. I had a Tikka T3 270 WSM and it shot lights out. I only sold it so I could fund my 6.5 Sherman build. I like the X-Bolts as well - I've got the X Bolt Stainless Hunter in 25-06 as well as another X-Bolt Varmint Special in 223.

Personally, I feel like the trigger on the Tikka is better, but the Browning isn't too bad. Browning wins in the stock department, the Tikka is crap and should at least be given a Limbsaver recoil pad. Mag length in the X Bolt is pretty generous compared to Tikka as well.

Tikka has a pretty decent following with aftermarket parts now - not so much for the X Bolt.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.