Tikka T3 super varmint vs lite

Swanman

Hi Swanman here,

I'm looking at purchasing another rifle soon in 7mm rem mag in either tikka t3 lite or super varmint. I'm planning on doing mainly target and easy hunting, but may want to take it out and lug it around the hills(not very often 2-3 times a yr).

The lite is 2.9kg and the super varmint 3.7kg. Just interested in your opinion on which rifle would be best? and does the heavy barrel make the barrel last longer? I'm leaning towards the varmint, and really like the synthetic stainless on both.

Just want to make sure I'm leaning the right way. Advice would be much appreciated.

Sam

Last edited:
Swan - as far as i know we can't get the super varmint here; so all you doing is teasing us.

Ah right sorry about that. If I get one ill let everyone know what they are like; )
I'll change my question. Would an 8lb 2 oz rifle be a bit heavy to lug around the hills once I attach a scope and bipod?

Ah right sorry about that. If I get one ill let everyone know what they are like; )
I'll change my question. Would an 8lb 2 oz rifle be a bit heavy to lug around the hills once I attach a scope and bipod?

Heavier rifles aren't that bad to carry if the terrain is such that your able to keep it close to your body. Steep terrain and loose or slick footing will cause your free hand to reach out to steady yourself and your gun hand to extend away from your body for balance. Do that a couple thousand times a day for X amount of days and you'll appreciate something that's not to heavy and well balanced. You can save weight by leaving the bipod at home and trim some weight with your scope selection. I'd think in terms of what it weighs "all up" (scope, bipod, ammo fully loaded...). 8 lb rifle isn't to bad if the terrain isn't to bad.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts