X-Bolt 2: Browning Booger and AICS/AIAW Magazines

pecker_wood

Did they remove the browning booger from the xbolt2? And are the ones that now have the aics looking magazine actually cut for aics or aiaw? Please tell me the magazines arent proprietary again. Even if they are propriatary im glad they are moving away from those flush rotary mickey mouse magazines.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 8.29.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 8.23.29 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 8.24.00 AM.png

Attachments

• booger.jpeg
    booger.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 24
This $1500 xbolt 2 with adjustable stock, aics type magazine and front bipod rail is getting close to what we want but it is still waaaaaay overpriced and is still going to get smoked by bergara and thier HMR with traditional adjustability, regular aics magazines, already cut for bipod rail for $937...

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 8.42.17 AM.png

This $1500 xbolt 2 with adjustable stock, aics type magazine and front bipod rail is getting close to what we want but it is still waaaaaay overpriced and is still going to get smoked by bergara and thier HMR with traditional adjustability, regular aics magazines, already cut for bipod rail for $937...

View attachment 546245
Here's a simple solution. Don't buy the Xbolt and buy begara.
This is the second thread complaining about the Xbolt. Sell it!

she gone and dont let their pictures fool you, the trigger on them xbolt2's is still shiny mustard yellow🤣

Id be interested in who is browning's customers they are talking to that results in this. Yal really like this??

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 8.23.29 AM.png

Main thing I like about browning bolt guns is that they never fail to feed or extract. Maybe thats why they always use proprietary magazines to keep to keep other manufacture's magazines out of their guns that cause issues

Someone has some pent up frustration.

Honestly the Xbolt 2 Speed SPR is the first Browning product I've seen and had any interest in owning. If you don't like it, don't buy it. On a rifle like that I don't much care if they don't take AICS mags as long as it's a good mag system and spares don't cost $200ea. AICS mags tend to be much noisier in the magwell and flop around more than a good flush mount mag system.

I don't see how that rifle and a HMR is at all comparable. The HMR is 2lbs heavier or more depending on which model of the Xbolt speed you're looking at. IMO the HMR is more of a target/range rifle and the Xbolt is much more of a hunting rifle.

I have an xbolt, I originally bought one in 28 Nosler and it was crazy accurate. Burned the barrel off of it and now I am on my second 257 bee barrel. It's still really accurate. I think the xbolt fits people who don't intend to go past a factory rifle. Their new lineup is looks awesome. The great thing about the xbolt is the weight and ability to buy a decent priced factory rifle for a specific need.

I played with one of the xbolt1 target max rifles with the plastic bottom metal and plastic aics magazine the other day at bass pro. It was a hot mess. Something about the plastic magazine sliding in the plastic bottom metal mag well made it bind something fierce. I almost broke the top glass on their counter trying to smack the magazine in to get it to seat properly. Hope the xbolt 2 isnt like that.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 10.35.35 AM.png

the xbolt2 aics style bottom metal is all plastic too. I like how their mag well extends down to protect the magazine but i wish they would have used solid thick aluminum like bergara

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 10.52.38 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 8.24.00 AM.png

$2600 to get into an xbolt2 deer gun with aics style magazine and heavier barrel profile:oops::oops:come on man it doesnt even have an adjustable stock

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 11.19.49 AM.png

Recent Posts