X-Bolt 2: Browning Booger and AICS/AIAW Magazines

also on the top browning proprietary aics style one thats on their xbolt2 deer guns, i like the shoulder retention piece that is supposed to reduce sd's from shot to shot

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 11.49.25 AM.png

at the 1:08 mark that fella from guns americal makes that "browning plus" look buttery smooth in that mag well. Hope they all work that good...

I dont understand why they would use regular AICS magazines in their target rifles but a proprietary AICS style magazine in their hunting rifles. Does it save them from paying accuracy international $$ per gun or something??

For the love please just put one kind of 5+1 and 10+1 magazines in your guns preferably aics where i can find plastic or metal ones anywhere

I really like flush mags on my hunting rifles. I agree that proprietary mags usually mean expensive investments. I did not like the AICS sloppiness, but the worked without fail for me.

on your browning's you would rather have a flush magazine rather than 5+1 max legal round count?

I really like flush mags on my hunting rifles. I agree that proprietary mags usually mean expensive investments. I did not like the AICS sloppiness, but the worked without fail for me.
You mean the magazine well slopiness in the aics rifles you had? I think that would be an issue with the rifle bottom metal design not the magazine spec right? Or are you saying that different aics mags from different brands have different specs?

I've never had the opportunity to shoot more than twice at critters when shooting bolt actions. I would chose a semiautomatic if I wanted to go after hogs or other pack type hunting. The AICS was in the Bergara HMR I sold. There was noticeable slop on that rifle. We all have preferences based on how we hunt. I'm not a big fan of the adjustable cheek riser on the new Xbolts. Maybe it's my customary cheek weld and mounting optics where they aren't needed.

I've never had the opportunity to shoot more than twice at critters when shooting bolt actions. I would chose a semiautomatic if I wanted to go after hogs or other pack type hunting. The AICS was in the Bergara HMR I sold. There was noticeable slop on that rifle. We all have preferences based on how we hunt. I'm not a big fan of the adjustable cheek riser on the new Xbolts. Maybe it's my customary cheek weld and mounting optics where they aren't needed.
Ya I was wondering about that xbolt2 adjustable comb and LOP and why they had it taped down at shot show lol

X-Bolt1 Max SPR 7PRC 20" heavier barrel profile and already cut for bipod rail for $700 right now.

Would be dang near perfect for me with 300 win short mag, their AICS style 5+1 "Plus" magazine and bottom plastic and their Recoil Hawg brake. Hopefully wont be long till we see some xbolt2's set up like that for around $800-$900.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 7.12.29 AM.png