Browning X-Bolt

300shortmag

I looked at a Browning X-Bolt tonight. I really liked the feel of it. Light, maneuverable, and in the caliber that I am looking for. My question is about the polymer rotary magazine. It looked and felt really cheesy. Does anyone have experience with these? Do they hold up?

The mag is the best improvement over the A Bolt in my opinion. They are light and extremely durable, I've had mine for a few years and have had no problems with it.

I love my A-Bolt, and if the X-Bolts are 1/2 as good as the A-Bolts, then it is a shooter. The only reason I say that, is b/c I have not had the chance to shoot an X-Bolt yet. Handled plenty of them at the stores, just always liked the A-Bolt with the floorplate & detachable mag setup. Also, how is the mag an improvement? I've had A-Bolts since 2005 and never had 1 single issue with the magazines...And my guns get hunted hard.

I love my A-Bolt, and if the X-Bolts are 1/2 as good as the A-Bolts, then it is a shooter. The only reason I say that, is b/c I have not had the chance to shoot an X-Bolt yet. Handled plenty of them at the stores, just always liked the A-Bolt with the floorplate & detachable mag setup. Also, how is the mag an improvement? I've had A-Bolts since 2005 and never had 1 single issue with the magazines...And my guns get hunted hard.

I never had a problem with any of my A Bolt mags, I think they're great, but eliminating the floor plate and having the rounds now feed from the center are both improvements in my book. It makes clearing the gun that much faster and they feed quieter too.

Also straight from the factory my x bolt trigger felt nicer. If you install a spring kit in the A Bolt you can make it nicer, but bone stock I liked the x bolt trigger more.

I too have A-Bolts, 3 of them to be precise, but no experience with the X-Bolt. That is the reason that I asked the question. Thank you for the useful replies so far.

I never had a problem with any of my A Bolt mags, I think they're great, but eliminating the floor plate and having the rounds now feed from the center are both improvements in my book. It makes clearing the gun that much faster and they feed quieter too.

Also straight from the factory my x bolt trigger felt nicer. If you install a spring kit in the A Bolt you can make it nicer, but bone stock I liked the x bolt trigger more.
Yeah, I have the Rifle Basix 1.25# spring, and did some tweaking on it, and got it crisp and light. Really impressed me for a $20 part how big of an improvement it was.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.