Browning X-Bolt?

go2alaska

I was looking through the guns a few months back and came across a pre-64 Winchester model 70 in a pawn shop, it was totally custom, a beautiful gun, perfectly balanced. It was $1,000.00 , I didn't have it at the time, so I missed the opportunity. Today I was wandering around and picked up a Browning X-Bolt rifle , it was SWEET, beautifully balanced, you could hold that rifle in that position for an eternity. I normally would not consider a bolt action, having spent most of my time shooting an M-14 and have always preferred the option of an immediate follow up shot. anyone have any experience with the Browning X-Bolt?

I have one an X Bolt composite stalker in 300 WSM. I shot it at 1k today and after 4 shots to get my barrel fouled it was ringing the 24 inch steel with no problems. I love how fast it handles, and it's super accurate for such a lightweight factory rifle. It'd be one of the last rifles I'd ever get rid of.

I have one an X Bolt composite stalker in 300 WSM. I shot it at 1k today and after 4 shots to get my barrel fouled it was ringing the 24 inch steel with no problems. I love how fast it handles, and it's super accurate for such a lightweight factory rifle. It'd be one of the last rifles I'd ever get rid of.

I am very impressed with Browning as a whole. I recently picked up a A- Bolt in .270. It shoots incredibly well, to the point that I also just saw a Beautiful X-Bolt, with a wood stock in 270 WSM. Price is 500 even. Everyone I know that owns a browning not have complaints. Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread. I think they make a great product.
I think the X- Bolt may have a new home soon!

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL.:). gun) 7 STW.

Thanks for the information, I just held it and looked down the barrel, and it felt sweet, like you could stand there with it in that position for a very long time, which makes one hell of a difference when you can stay there, waiting for a better shot to develop. To try that with a heavier gun I'd have compensated by finding a tree and wedging a bit, or laying down, but to be able to just stay still and wait is a very good thing when you are waiting for a moose shot to develop. As it is now I generally lay down, with a 10.7 lb semi-auto and wait, and then I always have the option of sending a 2nd or 3rd round in very fast. I am just weighing the options, if the gun is light enough i might be more willing to wait for the shot to better develop. This make any sense?gun)

Again, thanks for the information, both of you.

buddy has one in 300 wsm. Ill say this. I dont care for the stock shape, i prefer a more conventional looking stock but his is sure a shooter. Ive seen him shoot many 3/4 inch 5 shot groups with it and its about the least picky out of the box bolt gun ive ever seen. I dont think it shoots much of anything over a 1 1/4 at a 100 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.