Wyoming unit 12 private land tag

My Dad and I have the opportunity to hunt elk on private land in Wyoming unit 12 next season. We don't have any points in WYoming, though. Does any one know how to find out what the odds are for drawing a Non resident Bull tag for private land in Wyoming Unit 12?

Thanks

The Wyoming fish and gaem website has that info. You have to search around but for each unit, you can get the number of tags, applicant #'s, elk killed, type of elk killed etc. I use it to pick my units.
Is there chance this is a fenced opportunity, they may have some different opportunities. Get on the web and then call G and F I have found them very helpfull. Google Earth wil also help with terrain etx.

Wyoming does not have separate units for public versus private lands and unit 12 did not have any nonresident bull elk licenses issued in 2011. Wyoming also does not allow any high fenced hunting like a lot of the other states, so all big game licenses are issued by drawing. If there are any tags left after the drawing for a unit they go on sale first come-first served in July on the internet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts