Private land tags

KSB209

I've been looking into private land tags. Some are claiming "100% success rate" and seem to be semi high fence ranches. They don't claim to be high fence but I don't see how they can get the success rate unless they are. They also have extended seasons too. What's the deal with these outfitters? They are located in UT, CO, and New Mexico. I would rather pack or horse back into a wilderness area but I have a group of guys that want to do one of these can hunts for the meat but I don't want to hunt a farm animal.

I can only speak to NM but some of the managed properties are very easy hunts and contain alot of animals despite no fences. It's night and day from public, I'm talking $$$ though. Stuff I can't afford but have witnessed.

The hunt we are looking at is pretty fairly priced. Around $3000 plus tips. Pretty cheap for an outfitter I think but it is a cancellation tag price. I guess a big party cancelled so they want to sell it quickly. But my thought was anything outside of the regular season would have to be farmed animals with a high fence or something like that

Is it for this year? What unit? You'll see some activity late November but IDK about late December or how exactly the landowner tags/outfitter work but they get more leeway for sure.

Gotcha I won't speak to Utah, if your going for quality bulls I'd be skeptical based off my limited knowledge. I'll let the Utah Boys speak to that but if if it's a large plot with limited pressure maybe that's where the confidence comes from. Different weather as well.