• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS/WTT: 20km Laser Rangefinder. Russian labeled Newcon Optik LRB-20000A

homestea

I have a Russian Labled LPR-01 that is identical to the Newcon Optik LRB-20000 unit. I believe they were manufactured OEM by the same company. It ranges all the way out to 20km (20,000m or over 12 miles!!)

It is in excellent working and cosmetic condition and functions flawlessly. I will post pictures on Tuesday.

It includes case and battery and can also be powered by any 12V power source such as a car battery.

I am asking $7000 OBO. The newcon goes for $14k+ new. And this is identical except for the russian unit labeling. I accept PayPal +3%, PayPal Gift, or Cashiers Check. Email me at [email protected] for more information or for offers.

FYI: this unit does use class II laser technology in the infrared band, so even though not visible to the naked eye, direct laser radiation is considered not eyesafe within 2000m. Special care must be taken when operating this unit.

If something happens and the rangefinder breaks is there anywhere to get it fixed? What year is this unit?

I'll see if I can find any information on where it can be sent for repairs. I will also see if I can find a manufacture date for it.

The unit was manufactured in 1992. You may be hard pressed to find a place that can do any sort of repairs to this unit. The only place that might be able to help is Newcon Optik as they used to sell an identical model to this one. That being said, i have never yet had it fail to give me a reading. I have also closely verified the result measurements that it outputs to distances taken in google earth and it is spot on everytime and difinatly within the 10m max error band.

Also I did not mention: a measurement tripod mount (but no tripod) is included (for taking azimuth and elevation readings for calculation of elevation changes, coordinates, etc.) also included is a charger, remote actuation cable, case, field repair kit, field bag, assorted auxillary power cables, Russian manual, english manual, safety sheet.

Also I should mention that the optics are of extremely high quality and are very clear, bright and sharp. The picture included does not do it justice but i have included itso you can see the reticle style. Also note that the reticle has an illuminiation switch for night time use.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 17
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 18
The price is $3000 shipped (PayPal +3%, Paypal Gift, or Postal Money Orders). I will allow for a 4 day evaluation period after you get the rangefinder and if you don't like it for any reason you can just send it back to me and I will refund your money.

I'll take a look at it if you want to send it and let me demo first. Pm me and I'll give you credit card info and mailing address if you still have the unit

Bump! Still available! $3000 shipped and now I will throw in a like new Newcon Optik 1500m laser range finding binoculars worth about $300.

Bump! Price lowered to $2500 shipped and will include free Newcon 1500m rangefinder binoculars. Need to sell ASAP!!

Here's a triptych, close-up view of the LPR-1 Soviet era laser rangefinder.

I've tested it on an antenna up on a mountain some 15 km. (~ 9 miles) away. After the first ranging, I paced 5 steps back; the distance decreased by 5 meters. Paced back the original distance & - yes - the distance once again increased by 5 meters.

I've ranged deer easily out to 1000+ yards; fur presents absolutely no problem. After that distance, it's hard to know whether you're measuring off of the deer or its surroundings. After all, this thing was made to range tank-size vehicles.

Using it handheld is a bit hard. The trigger buttons up top are hardly what you'd call a hair trigger. This results in a shaky reticle picture that won't give you reliable results on small targets at great distances. The LPR-1 is best used either in prone position or - better still - with its tripod & remote cable release.

For the technically minded, the laser is a Q-switched Nd:Yag unit that puts out extremely short pulses in the mega-watt range - this thing ain't eyesafe. It works on the "time of flight" principle; light travels at a known speed & using extremely short, compressed pulses of laser light, distances are determined from the time it takes the beam to reach the target & bounce back.

I've had mine for over 20 years now & it still works perfectly. Only problem I've had was a broken switch (see photo) & of course the old NiCad batteries.

Anyhoo, enjoy the pics!

- Mike

Attachments

• LPR-1 Triptych - v003.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 22