WOW!!!! First 1000 yd competition match

83blazer

i went to my first 1000yard competition this past Sunday and shot for the first time a 340 Weatherby that I had just gotten back from the gunsmith.

My set up is a 340 weatherby, 26" barrel with a muzzle break, a Simmons Whitetail Classic x50 with a mil dot.
Ammo was hand loaded 225 grain Nosler Interbonds.

I shot a 130 out of 200 possible points.

For my first time I was just glad I got on paper.

Now I got the bug. I have been thinking since Sunday how to tweak my reloads better to get a better pattern. I was all over the place. The wind and heat did not help at all either but a lot of the other guys did not have problems getting all their shots on paper. It was a lot of fun. I can not wait to do it again.

Will be going out on Thursday to Los Angeles shooting range to shoot out to 800yards. I am working on some reloads right now but I need help finding out what I can do to improve my loads better.

I know I need a better scope but as long as I dont have the money for one of them fancy $1000+ scopes I will be saving for a Millet scope from Midway USA for A little over $300. A couple of guys were using that and they were doing really good with it.

I was shooting 225gn Hornady Interbonds with IMR4350 and Winchester primers. I would like some Help with my load development or any ideas on what I can do to make it better?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.