1000 yd range in Alabama

there was a guy on snipershide that was building one about 6 months ago. Cannot remember who.

also someone on BR central was talking about building one in Mississipi.

check Fort benning rifle club info just across from Phoenix City .

BH

Sniper2,
theres one in Society Hill (about 20min. from Phoenix city), where the HardRock matches are held. Owner is JW Huskey. Also, my friend has one at his house. Check over at SH under competitions for HR info, or email me @ desantij7 at yahoo.com and Ill send you the match dates.

Sniper2, although these are not 1000 thought they might help. Longest that I know of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steel City Sports Shooting Assoc., 3721 South Shades Crest Rd., Hoover, AL 35244.
Facilities:
Outdoor Pistol (20, 50, 150 yds)
Outdoor Rifle (100 & 720 yds), Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette, Muzzleloading

Maple Ridge Gun Club, Inc., 2115 County Road 420, Cullman, AL 35057.
Phone: 256-737-7592
Facilities:
Outdoor Pistol (15, 20, 25 yds)
Outdoor Rifle (100 to 500 yds) Rifle, Sporting Clays, Archery

Hope this helped.

Hey guys, I was wondering about the range in society hill, whether it was only for matches or if it was open for practice shooting? I am not good enough to participate in a match, but I am just looking for a place to shoot. I contacted someone at the steel city range, and they said you have to get to know people to become a member. I shoot at maple ridge(500yds) a good bit but I would just like to shoot farther sometimes. Just wondering if I could get some info.

I'm gonna bump this one up, just incase that in the last 9 years someone else has made a 1K range...

Anymore fresh info as to where I might be able to shoot 1K in central Alabama (Montgomery, Lowndes county, Elmore county, Lee county, Bullock county, Coosa county) or anywhere in the surrounding areas that isn't a hell of a drive from Montgomery...Yes I know, I hate this **** city, too....Yall aren't alone. You should try living here with all the thugs and ghetto trash...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.