Working up 7mm-08 load suggestions

I have used it and have no complaints what I really like to use is lapua 308 palma brass we neck down and turn the necks we have found the small rifle primer pockets hold up better
Im inclined to agree on the Lapua, but if I were to get it, I will opt for the large primer. I would have to have a shroud put in, and get smaller pin. In my rifle, as it is equipped, the small primer would cause a problem. I'll start saving my pennies. Lapua brass is the bomb. They DO make it in 7-08.

Im inclined to agree on the Lapua, but if I were to get it, I will opt for the large primer. I would have to have a shroud put in, and get smaller pin. In my rifle, as it is equipped, the small primer would cause a problem. I'll start saving my pennies. Lapua brass is the bomb. They DO make it in 7-08.
I meant to say bushing, not shroud!
7-08 brass is large primer, anyway, unless you go with small primer 308.
Too much hassle!

That's a good price on the Lapua brass! Love the boxes they come in, classy. Peterson select is also top shelf brass for 7mm-08. Both these brands are easy to weight sort also (much lower spread). Dave

Ok so how difference in brass performance wise?
Chris, with premium brass, like Lapua, Norma, Nosler, Peterson, you get longer and more consistent performance. Better neck tension, firm primer pockets, case volume uniformity. And it dosent stretch, or grow to much. My pet peeves, are neck tension, and sloppy pockets.
Also, you get a lot more firings out of them as well. There's some great stuff out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.