Working up 7mm-08 load suggestions

Sounds like a great plan !!!, thks and good luck ,keep us posted , Speer makes a 130 hot/core,sadly they stoped makeing the 120 hot/core , but Sierra makes 120's&130 in a Match king ,Nosler makes their 120 Ballistic tip ,Hornady mite make a120 also , cheers .
What he said!

Great shooting and posting Everyone,my 708 is rebarreled BBR,browning boltaction rifle ,cm,#3 contur,9twist ,27 inch Lilja bbl,pillernglassed,&freefloated in it's wood stock ,bbl rust blued ,should have done it sooner lol,yeah I'm Smitten like a kitten ,lol ,Cheers !!!
I'll bet that thing is a sweetheart. Gotta love the Liljia, barrels. They are a work of art. 5r? Just curious!
Had a brux, four groove on my .280. Fast barrel, cleaned great, never fouled!
Browning actions slick too!
I know what scope you have too!

Thks 7stw, it's very nice , first Lilja and I'm very happy with it .domt know if they make a 5 r , but it's a goody , Brux ,bbls are top notch great,my BBR is pre/a bolt but very nice , words is getting out on them scopes ,good times let them roll on !, thks bud!

Great shooting and posting Everyone,my 708 is rebarreled BBR,browning boltaction rifle ,cm,#3 contur,9twist ,27 inch Lilja bbl,pillernglassed,&freefloated in it's wood stock ,bbl rust blued ,should have done it sooner lol,yeah I'm Smitten like a kitten ,lol ,Cheers !!!
Wow, I like your gun and have never seen it! Wood stock (awesome) rust blued (double awesome) Pillarnglassed and freefloated (just keeps getting better) Lilja barrel ( top shelf all the way) hope you enjoy that piece of equipment for a long time to come. Cheers to you! Dave

OK what scope are you guys using? Can't drop mention like that and not have people like me curious.
Can't tell no one, but Meopta, Optika6, 3-18x50, BDC, with ambient lite illuminated crosshair. Bet you can't look through one, and not buy it. Optics are insanely clear, tracks awesome, and did I say clear! It's almost like getting a $1300 scope, half price.

Thank you, not trying to hijack thread but curiosity got the better of me. Have looked at them and talked to Doug about them. Money as always the hold-up :)
Doug will set you straight, and I get the money thing. Never thought I'd own a European scope, but this thing really caught my eye, pardon the pun!

Wow, I like your gun and have never seen it! Wood stock (awesome) rust blued (double awesome) Pillarnglassed and freefloated (just keeps getting better) Lilja barrel ( top shelf all the way) hope you enjoy that piece of equipment for a long time to come. Cheers to you! Dave
thks Savage im berry happy 😇

Yes, the C.O.A.L. is right at 2.800" and I'm seating bullets about .030 off the lands. I'm not overly impressed with group size, so I'm going to adjust seating depth out at .020, .015 and .010 off lands to see if accuracy improve

right now I have 5 loads with 4064 and 139 sierra. Will see how they work out. Going to try few other suggestions later on and compare

.My buddy is building similar gun for his sons graduation gift except barrel,After all every 18 yo needs a AR-10. He opted for a deadshot barrel instead on McGowen I am going with.His statement how much better can it be and at 100 bucks he does not see it value.IMO if I buy best quality I can and don't get results wanted its either me being bad or what I am buying not as good as many have said,figure first probably most accurate. At least its not because I did not go extra yard or two. Not saying anything wrong with deadshot barrels.Heck may be better time will tell or the holes in targets will. LMAO

Yes, the C.O.A.L. is right at 2.800" and I'm seating bullets about .030 off the lands. I'm not overly impressed with group size, so I'm going to adjust seating depth out at .020, .015 and .010 off lands to see if accuracy improve
I hsve shot that bullet, in a super accurate 700p, in seven mag, now these were the yellow box. That rifle would shoot 1/4 minute groups, @200. I actually shot a .189, three shot group once with it. I still hsve some of those bullets, same lot I believe, and I may just give them a whirl. I have Rl17, and Rl16 as well. I'm not a Berger hunting bullet fan, but the target bullets, I can tolerate. The 4064 might be a scosh, too fast for the heavies. I think it to be fine for lighter bullets though. Just a thought. I think the RL17 is going to be my main ride, if not, the RL16. Let me know how you make out.

On another, but related note, is anyone here using Hornady brass? I'm seeing soft neck tension. I've seen it in my sons Creedmoor also. My resized federal 308 brass is better, but hsve to let it grow, as 308 is shorter. Thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.