Wolf caliber and round?

Whatever bullet you can put in a wolf is the right bullet. I've heard tell of snowmobilers riding them down in the powder and finishing them with 22lr before there was a season on them. Whatever it takes to take out as many as possible. I wish it was legal to poison them.
Pretty simple just SSS

I've hunted Homer, Katchemak Bay, Tutka Bay for Spring bear. Salty Dog.

I Hate Devils Club.

Homer has become my favorite spot right now, granted I'm not there when tourist season is open.

Pretty simple just SSS

In my case one of my cabins is in an area with essentially no wolf hunting restrictions. Additionally friends have remote fly in or snowmobile in areas with almost no wolf hunting restrictions. It's perfectly viable to have a dedicated rig, even though I'd probably lobb bombs out of anything. But it still worthwhile to chase the optimum.

Whatever bullet you can put in a wolf is the right bullet. I've heard tell of snowmobilers riding them down in the powder and finishing them with 22lr before there was a season on them. Whatever it takes to take out as many as possible. I wish it was legal to poison them.Zylitol

I've got a donor short mag action, and have narrowed down my choices to a 6 prc or 25 pronghorn depending on if my Google fu finds dies or a Smith with a reamer first. In the mean time it's gonna be 7mm rum duty but it would be a shame when it gets cold to blast out a pelt.

Have the end of this week off and plan on hitting up all the local shops, settle for a 2506 for the right price.

Keep in mind we don't have to shoot shovel and shut up, our state is 100% on board for wolf management. My cabin unit has a 10 a day limit. It'd absolutely worth while to do a dedicated hunt for them and to have a dedicated rifle. Hard part is getting the boat there when the fur is good and grass is dead.

I've got a donor short mag action, and have narrowed down my choices to a 6 prc or 25 pronghorn depending on if my Google fu finds dies or a Smith with a reamer first. In the mean time it's gonna be 7mm rum duty but it would be a shame when it gets cold to blast out a pelt.

Have the end of this week off and plan on hitting up all the local shops, settle for a 2506 for the right price.

Keep in mind we don't have to shoot shovel and shut up, our state is 100% on board for wolf management. My cabin unit has a 10 a day limit. It'd absolutely worth while to do a dedicated hunt for them and to have a dedicated rifle. Hard part is getting the boat there when the fur is good and grass is dead.
6 prc is wicked. Buddy has one. Might be a future build for me. For now that 6.5 prc rifle and my 6 creed pistol are on duty. Now that elk and antelope are behind me I'll concentrate on wolf until my later season archery deer. May even skip it for wolf. Love hunting them since it's such a difficult undertaking

You need a roomie???🤣🤣🤣

The commute is a bit rough...

It cost more and takes longer to fly from anchorage to my village in puddle jumpers than anchorage to Hawaii.

My brother in law is trying to get me to convert one of my buildings into a bunk house so we have a base of operations to work/play out of.

Sadly I'm down about 70 net tons of boat the last two years, when it became apparent whatever was causing the sporadic dirt siesta wasn't gonna be an easy fix we sold the big boat. It's kinda tough to hunt area 9 in the winter without a decent boat and a few weeks time. My current boat is a relatively big Bristol Bay boat, but it isn't winter time in the ak peninsula big.

6 prc is wicked. Buddy has one. Might be a future build for me. For now that 6.5 prc rifle and my 6 creed pistol are on duty. Now that elk and antelope are behind me I'll concentrate on wolf until my later season archery deer. May even skip it for wolf. Love hunting them since it's such a difficult undertaking

I should hit the easy button and just find a 26, 264, 6.5prc and load some 100 grain pills for speed. Ideally I'd like to drive 100-120 grain pills as fast as possible.

We did some scouting this September on the road system, way to much rain and greenery. All we saw were black bears and empty handed Moose hunters. My grandfather's generation and the one before it hunted predators hard for fur, and game animals flourished. 70 years later we have skittish game animals and predators everywhere.

My plan is to target only predators the next few years, might not put a dent in it... but we have to try.

It cost more and takes longer to fly from anchorage to my village in puddle jumpers than anchorage to Hawaii.

My brother in law is trying to get me to convert one of my buildings into a bunk house so we have a base of operations to work/play out of.

Sadly I'm down about 70 net tons of boat the last two years, when it became apparent whatever was causing the sporadic dirt siesta wasn't gonna be an easy fix we sold the big boat. It's kinda tough to hunt area 9 in the winter without a decent boat and a few weeks time. My current boat is a relatively big Bristol Bay boat, but it isn't winter time in the ak peninsula big.

I should hit the easy button and just find a 26, 264, 6.5prc and load some 100 grain pills for speed. Ideally I'd like to drive 100-120 grain pills as fast as possible.

We did some scouting this September on the road system, way to much rain and greenery. All we saw were black bears and empty handed Moose hunters. My grandfather's generation and the one before it hunted predators hard for fur, and game animals flourished. 70 years later we have skittish game animals and predators everywhere.

My plan is to target only predators the next few years, might not put a dent in it... but we have to try.
That's generally me too. Not much into big game unless I draw a special tag. Love chasing predators.

If you want speed do the 6mm and 110 A Tips in a short mag. You'll see 3300-3600 fps depending on your configuration. If I run my 22" barrel with a 135 A tip I get 3100 safely out my 6.5 PRC. .321 vs .304 g7 so that little 6mm 110 does pretty well at those speeds. Food for thought. I'll likely wait until I burn out my 6.5's before I switch to the 6mm.