winter max loads vs summer max loads??????

30-06 boy

hey guys,i've been trying to develop a long range load for my 30-06.i tried to accomplish this task at the temps i will be hunting at(20/30 deg ).i could not get out to shoot most of the winter for here in the norteast the wind never quit blowing.i did get some shooting in though.now that the weather has changed it is warmer.how much will the shooting/development i do here in the spring perform in the late fall hunting season?how does your rifle handle fall/summer with the same load.a max load for a given rifle in winter would be real hot load in the summer right? i remember seeing a fellow at a 1k shoot keeping his loaqds in a cooler.will the gun/load perform closer to late fall if i keep my loads in a coler untill i shoot them?please dont think i've lost my noodle. if my loads this spring wont shoot the same as in the fall,i'ljust wait untill next fall to develop a load.

I keep my ammo in a cooler... but just to stabalize the temp, not to cool it. I have however packed loaded rounds in ziploc bags and exposed them to various temps (packed in ice, with ice but insulated, air temp, in my pocket, under my clothes against skin...body temp, between ziploc bags with the hottest tap water I could get, and set on the heater at work... 140 something if I recall)before firing them across the chrony, all to test the temp stability of a few different types of powder. You could certanly pack your test rounds in a cooler and head to the range. Makes perfect sense to me. What cartdrige/powder you using? I may have some data for you...

abinok,the best loads i've shot so far are around moa at 350 yards.they were loaded with imr4831 and h4831.both at book max or 1or 2 grains over max.good velocity,no hard bolt lift,loose primers etc.180 mk's(2780 fps) and 168 mk's(2930 fps).cci br primers.thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifoh by the way 30-06

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.