Winchester WSSM ejection port length

grouse

I'm thinking of building an ultralight short action on the winchester wssm action. It's about a half inch shorter than the standard short action. I'm looking at 6.5 wssm and would like to load a longer bullet. I'd like to know the ejection port size to know if the loaded round will eject.

It depends on how long you are loading them. My 6.5 WSSM is loaded to 2.67xx with the 140 Berger VLD loaded long. Now, I shoot mine out of a BAT M which is WAY long, but, my 6-6.5x47l is ALSO loaded to 2.67xx and there is lots of room in the ejection port of a Rem 700 SA to eject loaded rounds. How much shorter is your port than the 700's?

Also.... you can eject rounds that are longer than your port. I had the
The wssm action is 5/8 shorter than the standard model 70 short action. I actually don't know about the ejection port length which is what prompted my post. I can't find it online anywhere.

Well, my guess is that the action you are talking about is NOT a duel port. Therefore it is designed to LOAD a loaded round, it shouldn't have a problem ejecting the same round out of the same port.

Again...just a guess.

Good luck,
Tod

I have one, been thinking about doing a 458 based on the wssm case. Maybe a 18" barrel, something short and handy but still pack some punch.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.