Winchester 25 WSSM Cartridges Free

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Team Member
I have always liked the 257 Roberts for deer hunting. My wife-Jill and I were doing a hunt in South Africa for plains game animals and I bought her a Model 70 Ultimate Shadow 25 WSSM with the expectations of having the same or better ballistics as a 25/06. This cartridge being able to take most plains game in Africa and deer sized in the Americas. I figured that if I got it for her “I would also be able to use it for myself - coyote hunting”. A double treat. Having a wife that hunts and shoots is great. Every time I want a new firearm I just buy it for Jill. Then she is happy and I get a new toy. Unfortunately, the Model 70 Ultimate Shadow that I bought started to spray bullets all over at 100yds. I sent it back to Winchester (now owned by Browning) and they kept the rifle - would not send it back stating that it was a safety issue and they were no longer manufacturing this model 70 in 25WSSM. Found out later that there was a labor dispute in Winchester and “Rumors” said employees scored barrels. Not saying anything true about that, but Browning confirmed that there was an issue with the barrel. Needless to say, I was Pi**ed. Browning said they would replace with any other caliber in an “A Bolt”, but not the rifle I sent back. I didn’t want an A Bolt so they told me they would pay me wholesale price. This was much less so I sent them my sales receipt, but they would not pay for shipping/FFL/Tax. Took a loss! Then I took the money and bought Jill a Kimber Montana 8400 SS Fiber Stock in 270 WSM. Weighs under 7#s. I tuned it up and it shoots <1/2” moa. Put a 20MOA rail, GG&G Quick Detach Mounts, Leupold VXIII 4.5X15 that I had Leupold Custom Shop put M-1 elevation/windage turrents with fine duplex reticle on. Super light pack rifle with a big punch. Long story. I have a box of WINCHESTER 25 WSSM 110gr AccBond (17 loaded) that I am willing to give to a hunter that has this caliber. I know that these cartridges are rare and want someone to use them to harvest a nice buck or other animals. I live in mid to north east Georgia so if anyone is traveling out this way, I could meet them and give them these cartridges for FREE. Not much, but there is not a lot of these cartridges around. I wish I could have had a rifle to shoot these. I think the concept for this cartridge was very good, but like many cartridges it faded away. Text me at 678 four two seven 6168. Thanks Len

Attachments

• 25 WSSM.jpg
    25 WSSM.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 16

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Team Member
I had some people asking me to ship them. If someone can tell me how to do it legally I would ship, but from my understanding I would have to have a license (which I don't have) to ship loaded cartridges/powder. Would be glad to give these to someone if they are in the area, I could with them, I live in Social Circle, GA.

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Team Member
Well "Shiver me Timbers" someone on another thread said that is ok to ship loaded cartridges as well as Primers & Powder, but a Hazmat fee applys to Primers & Powder not cartridges. I will go to UPS tomorrow to find out.

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Team Member
You can't ship primers or powder unless you a "Certified Licensed Hazmat Shipper" there is a substantial cost and training assoicated to get certified. Don't take the chance and ship something that you will regret for a long time. You can ship "Loaded Cartidges - Ammunition" by UPS guidlines see the link attached. I am going to UPS tomorrow to send some 25WSSM cartridges to a fellow LRH for his daughter.

Shipping Ammunition: UPS - United States

UPS accepts for transportation such ammunition as constitutes 'cartridges, small arms,' as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59.
www.ups.com

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Team Member
I packaged the 25wssm cartridges per UPS instructions with the 4" Diamond label, shipping label and in the process of taking to UPS store to send to a fellow LRH. Glad I was interacting with fellow LRH people about shipping Ammunition, Primers, and Powder. Now I know what I can and can't do legally with some reasearch and information on this site.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.