Winchester Stealth?

G

Does anyone own one of these and what do they think about them? Im looking for a new 308 and this looks like a promising setup. Thanks in advance.

Ian M

BUY ONE. Then spend about the same $ on a scope/mounts and you will be good to go. That simple, you will not regret getting a Stealth, particularly in .308 Win. Have been shooting the Stealth in three calibers and it is a very fine rifle.
Just toss the guard screws, replace with B-Square bolts from Brownells, torque them to 65 in-lbs and you will be good to go.
Good luck.

AJ300MAG

Ian, have you shot the Stealth in the .223? I'm concidering getting either a 700VS or the Stealth. Need something that uses a little less powder when plinking at the range. Darn .338 Ultra Mag's have a nasty appetite for RL25!

[ 11-01-2002: Message edited by: Al Walewski ]

Ian M

Our .223 is an excellent rifle, seems to shoot anything we put through it very well. Has shot many sub 1/2 minute groups at 100 when playing with loads. It is nasty on gophers out to 300-350 when we can hold it right. This rifle shoots very well - all I did was cut the trigger down to three pounds from the seven it was set at the factory.

Crosman

I own a Winchester M-70 Stealth in .308, and I love it. I have a Tasco Tactical 10x 42 True Mil-Dot mounted on it. I shoot nickels and quarters at 200 yards. Groups at 100 yards are .25-.50" and thats with army cheap ammo. I am planning to start reloading this week, hopefully. Go for it!

( + )Man.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce